New light meter by TTArtisan

I like this as I prefer analog dials; the CR2032 lithium battery not so much. My Reveni Labs sugar cube uses a 44/76/357 silver battery, the same one as most of my cameras.

This and Voigtlander meter could be improved by relocating (or duplicating) the - o + or > o < readout in rear, to let you know if your exposure setting is no longer centered.
This would allow you to confirm exposure simply by shifting your eye away from the viewfinder, rather than moving your head or the camera to look down from above.

Chris

I didn’t realize inflation was this bad. On the TTArtisan website, the price of their light meter has gone up from $56 to $62!

Definition of you get what you pay for:
Used to say that a thing that can be bought for a very low price probably isn't very good "That cheap camera I bought is broken already." "Well, you get what you pay for."

The dictionary can be a good source of information... and wisdom.

All the best,
Mike

AliExpress is full of VF

They're mainly the same ones, with resin optics and plastic bodies, branded Keks some fo the time and generic the rest of the time. They're not very good, as one might expect. I was talking about real glass and frame lines.

I bought the TTartisans lightmeter off ebay shipped for around $60.
It arrived last week, works and feels just as nice as my Voigtlander light meter, feels solid with metal casing, light sensitivity matches my Voigtlander exactly.
This is a nice product at a very good price

I just bought a Doomo meter and it's really nice — it fits my Kiev and Leica thread mounts perfectly.
I also have a Reveni meter but the battery is terrible. It goes haywire in cold temperatures (below 32F) and the battery life is generally lousy. I've already replaced the battery several times, with only a few months of occasional use. It's too bad because it's nice and small, but really this behavior is unacceptable in a $125 device. (The Reveni website claims that this behavior is normal.)
The Doomo, on the other hand, has been working great at ~28F degrees. I'm not sure if the different kinds of batteries has something to do with that or not.

first: lens is most important part of camera, and second: guy asked when will chinese make cheap vf so i just said they already do it.

Well, I would think framing an image is very important. I body without a viewfinder and a lens is pretty random for serious photography. I mean framing content is photography.

Well, I would think framing an image is very important. I body without a viewfinder and a lens is pretty random for serious photography. I mean framing content is photography.

Those of us shooting with rangefinder cameras are used to finders that are not all that accurate; if you need that, and SLR is a better choice.

Those of us shooting with rangefinder cameras are used to finders that are not all that accurate; if you need that, and SLR is a better choice.

I have a rangefinder too Chris. And you of all people here know how important framing is even if not perfectly accurate, it is relatively accurate and beautiful to look though unlike a cheap plastic finder.

looks like a Voigtlander copy, I wonder what the 'intellectual property' lawyers from Voigtlander make of it.

I was thinking the very same thing, an ex work colleague of mine is married to a lawyer specializing in intellectual property law, she spends the majority of her time dealing with the far east.

Back