New light meter by TTArtisan

Like cameras that use 44/76/357 batteries I would avoid using alkaline cells in the Reveni Labs light meter. Silver cells last longer and provide more consistent results.

I haven't used my Reveni Labs light meter in sub-freezing weather yet, but if you are experiencing problems you might want to keep it in a warm pocket between uses.

And as with any other battery-dependent device - always carry a spare battery!

Chris

Don't know how many cells the Reveni takes, but the CR 1/3N Lithium cell is the equivalent of two stacked LR44 cells. Across the board, my experience in cold New England winters has shown me that alkalines are worthless in severe cold, silver much better, and Lithium by far the best.

I too have used those CR1/3N 3V lithiums; they are long-lasting and convenient.

However the tiny Reveni Labs meter is powered by a single 1.5V 44/76/357 cell.

Chris

The thing is, I wanted to keep the Reveni on the camera, not in my pocket. Otherwise I would use my hand-held meter. But like I mentioned, it's a poor design since it can't work in the cold. Unless I move to the west coast.
I have zero problems with the batteries in my Doomo meter, and Gossen Gigisix — which all work flawlessly in ~18 F degree weather. The same LR44 batteries used in my Reveni are also used in outdoor thermometers I have, and they work fine down to below zero.

Back