New Pixii 26MP

Are your drives formatted correctly for that camera? Mac? Pc? Fat32?

I tried so far PC and EX-FAT ......

Ex-Fat and partition as MBR. That works perfectly with my Wise 1TB SSD, and it is as fast as I expected. DJI Pilot 2TB does not work formatted Ex-Fat and MBR.

Last edited:
From the horse's mouth, en France:

- Go to Camera Menu > Storage > Reveal system (or cache)

- Connect in USB disk mode

When you view the Pixii on your computer you will see the folders now.

Ça va?

For some reason accented characters do not display for me, so, in English, OK?

The last thing I'd do is to mess with the software of my cameras, but that's just me. Cheers, OtL

I am trying to make sure the folders all have the right names. I am pretty sure one does not. It is a computer. The folder contents are right but I have my doubts about the folder name. With a wrong name it cannot be called up by the system whoch is looking for a specific folder.

Why would your Pixii II firmware have wrong folder names? Is something not operating as it should? Did David Barth not fix your firmware correctly a few days ago?

Hmmm, third version of the Pixii is coming... still the same sensor but now with a 64bit processor.

https://pixii.fr/pixii-camera

"Modern photography.

UPGRADEABLE, COMPUTATIONAL, INSPIRATIONAL.

An iconic design for a totally new experience.Â
Upgradeable architecture, new 64-bit processor.
Designed to serve your inspiration,
more than ever."

"The technology of modern photography. With tiny sensors, smartphones add a lot of processing to produce good images. They are now setting the pace in modern photography. Now, imagine combining their processing power with a large, high-quality CMOS sensor!"

Hmmm, third version of the Pixii is coming... still the same sensor but now with a 64bit processor.

https://pixii.fr/pixii-camera

"Modern photography.

UPGRADEABLE, COMPUTATIONAL, INSPIRATIONAL.

An iconic design for a totally new experience.Ã
Upgradeable architecture, newà 64-bit processor.
Designed to serve your inspiration,
more than ever."

"The technology of modern photography. With tiny sensors, smartphones add a lot of processing to produce good images. They are now setting the pace in modern photography. Now, imagine combining their processing power with a large, high-quality CMOS sensor!"

Is the processor upgrade free? If not, what will be the cost? Not sure I would call the APS-C sensor in the Pixii "large", but I guess it is all relative.

Is the processor upgrade free? If not, what will be the cost? Not sure I would call the APS-C sensor in the Pixii large, but I guess it is all relative.

I think not: from the Pixiii site - "The Hardware Upgrade service lets your camera benefit from the latest technologies: buy a sensor upgrade, a new processor or update your viewfinder."
Still, not something any other company offers, afaik
It's getting very tempting (and I think the price is down - €2699. Wasn't it €2999 before?)
Jim

Good news! I’m hoping they can make the sensor stack work better with 21mm and other wide lenses soon.

I think not: from the Pixiii site - "The Hardware Upgrade service lets your camera benefit from the latest technologies: buy a sensor upgrade, a new processor or update your viewfinder."
Still, not something any other company offers, afaik
It's getting very tempting (and I think the price is down - €2699. Wasn't it €2999 before?)
Jim

Pricing hasn't changed. €2999 is what the 64G model costs, the base model is 16G @ €2699.
It's good to see that Pixii is continuing development and advancing the camera.

G

Pricing hasn't changed. €2999 is what the 64G model costs, the base model is 16G @ €2699.
It's good to see that Pixii is continuing development and advancing the camera.

G

My bad. Thanks for pointing it out, Godfrey.

I’m particularly intrigued by the Pixii monochrome raw, as my M9M is getting long in the tooth and the M10M is way out of my price range at present. As an M10M user who gave the Pixii a try-out, did you find its monochrome files anywhere near the quality of the Leica’s?

Jim

Good morning. For those who have questions about the monochrome native mode:
1. The 64-bit processor of the new model 2572 further improves the quality of native raw files (DNG monochrom) by allowing even faster "debayerization".

2. IF you are interested in my experience with the Pixii 1571 "monochrome" illustrated with a few images: https://pixii.webflow.io/story-monochrome

Friendships! Laurent

Reactions: dct
Rest assured... Pixii is always a monochrome camera that produces exceptional colors!

Attachments

• photo120101.jpg
    photo120101.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 11
  • photo120102.jpg
    photo120102.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 10
My bad. Thanks for pointing it out, Godfrey.

I'm particularly intrigued by the Pixii monochrome raw, as my M9M is getting long in the tooth and the M10M is way out of my price range at present. As an M10M user who gave the Pixii a try-out, did you find its monochrome files anywhere near the quality of the Leicas?

Jim

There's no question that you can use the Pixii monochrome mode to produce very good results. Whether those results are as good or better than the M9-M, M246, or M10-M ... and to make a meaningful comparison to the M10-M ... well, that's a bit beyond my experience with the Pixii. The M10-M is so good at what it does that it's very hard to make a fair comparison, and I have no direct experience with the M9-M or M246 upon which to model the differences.

About the best you can do is to look at a lot of photos and try to imagine what the Pixii is capable of compared to whatever you're currently using, and whether that proves to have an advantage.

Trees - Santa Clara 2022
Leica M10 Monochrom + Summilux 35 f/1.4
Green filter
ISO 500 @ f/2.8 @ 1/60

Ivy Leaves - Santa Clara 2022
Pixii + Color Skopar 28mm f/3.5
MONO raw
ISO 200 @ f/5.6 @ 1/30

I just can't make a meaningful assessment ... so much of getting what I want from a camera is more dependent on my ability to render the files rather than what the camera captures in raw data.

G

Well thanks, Godfrey and Laurent. I'm a little more enlightened by both your statements, but I think I'll defer a decision on purchase for another year or two, by which time Pixii will have had time to grow into a viable camera company (or not), and maybe after-market prices on M10M's will be a bit closer to my budget.

Laurent you say that "the 64-bit processor of the new model 2572 further improves the quality of native raw files (DNG monochrom) by allowing even faster "debayerization", but I'm not clear how faster de-mosaiquing will impact quality of files or images.

And Godfrey, like you say, it is certainly the case with files from my M9M that rendering in post is as essential and critical as the setting of adequate capture parameters in determining the quality of images one can achieve from the Monochrom cameras, and that is as true for the Q2M (which I had for a weekend on a test run) as it is for the M9M. Whether removing the Bayerisation from Pixii files can produce images of such breath-taking clarity and subtlety of intonation as the never-been-Bayerised output from the Leicas has, remains the question that inhibits my leap to purchase at this point.

I've emailed Pixii HQ asking if they can let me have some raw monochromes files to play with. I'll report back here if and when I get some

Jim

Back