[New test photos released] Leica Summicron 35/2 Eight Element copy made in China

Thank you, teddy.

I discovered this recently:
51339669209_1268508c7c_b.jpg

The black 8 element replica on this picture is the actual lens that was given to me by Kevin. All the pictures I've made with the replica were made by this very lens!

I am very happy with this picture. Thank you, Kevin.

Erik.

Thank you, teddy.

The black 8 element replica on this picture is the actual lens that was given to me by Kevin. All the pictures I've made with the replica were made by this very lens!

I am very happy with this picture. Thank you, Kevin.

Erik.

That is lovely and adds a smile to ones face. Thanks for sharing. :)

Has anyone tried removing the front ring text with isopropyl alcohol? I think id look more discreet without text.

You can remove the name ring yourself easy: Unscrew the ribbed, cone-shaped tube (use a piece of rubber if necessary) and the (very thin) name ring falls into your hand.

Erik.

I just asked Light Lens Lab's team, they are planning to open another round of orders, you can follow the Instagram @lightlenslab for their latest news ;-)

Some pics from a road trip in October.

Konica RF
LLL35/2
Agfa APX400
000092380032.jpg 000092420013.jpg 000092380030.jpg

Attachments

• 000092420013.jpg
    000092420013.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 000092380030.jpg
    000092380030.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 000092380032.jpg
    000092380032.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 0
Would not go as far as that. I, and many others here received, a fantastic lens at 1/3 the current selling price thanks to the opportunity Kevin presented our members. A couple years on, I agree with the bartender that now that the RFF deal is over LLL should look at a formal sponsorship if they wish to continue promoting their products.

Would not go as far as that...

After 303 pages of posts, to which their minions add more pretending to be uninterested observers, they are feeding off the goodwill of others whilst knocking off old, established designs, pretending the underlying mechanics follow suit.

...a couple years on, I agree with the bartender that now that the RFF deal is over LLL should look at a formal sponsorship if they wish to continue promoting their products.

...aka, leeches.

For a long time I mostly used LF & MF cameras. Aug-Sept 2022 I travelled to the Alps and Dolomites for the first time since pre-covid. In Europe I used a Pentax 645 and a Leica CL with the new CV Heliar 40mm. The 35mm results caught my attention. During the 100s of pages of 'Replica' thread, I did get a black paint LLL & performed some perfunctory tests.....but didn't use it much. Last weekend i flew to Austin w my two adult children. I took only my black M4, the LLL 35 a digisix meter and some Tri-X. It really was a fine test for the lens. I had strong direct light, oblique light, overcast light, rainy conditions and beautiful shaded north light. In short it was a true complete test for the lens. Mine is properly centred, mechanically sound....& the prints (now washing) show it to be a really fine lens. I'll post some in the next few days when they're dry. Everything was printed roughly 7x9" on Ilford Classic FB. I no longer make big enlargements from 35.....but sometime i'll make one just to see, but all in all it is a good lens. I've used Leicas since '62 and every version of summicron, elmar, as well as a V2 summilux 35mm. These days i normally use one camera/one lens (at a time) & I'll be more than happy to use the LLL replica as my standard 35mm. Just for kicks sometime i'll use one of my remaining rolls of Agfapan 25 with the lens. As controversial as the project was, I think there are some pretty good lens being offered for Leicas. At one time I had the Summilux 35, Noctilux, and Summilux 75mm, but at that time they were about $1k each. Large Format at old Dagors, Tessars and Commercial Ektars gave me such good results that pretty much cured me of the search for the next best thing. Images to follow when dry.

Back