New Version "Stealth" Monochrome

tumblr_nq7h892xns1uur6r5o9_500.gif

I think if I was trying to be stealthy, I'd not use fluorescent green paint against a flat black background. Maybe it's just me.

Best,
-Tim

The odd thing to me is that the kind of photography the designer does requires no stealth at all.

John

125 worldwide, probably all gone to collectors before the launch, it's what Leica do, gets rid of 125 sensors before they launch a "new" monochrome at Photokina, and no I don't know that but you'll get short odds on it I suspect.

I've no problem with these special editions as it adds to Leica's bottom line and hopefully their long term sustainability in the world of photography.

It doesn't look ugly as special editions from Leica often do.
And it was designed by M6 user. :)

the words "digital" and "collector" do not go hand in hand. at least, i feel they shouldn't. the technology changes way too quickly for anything to remain worthwhile after, say, 15 years.

I have to agree,

15 years in its silk lined box without use,

Makes for an expensive paper weight.

I've no problem with these special editions as it adds to Leica's bottom line and hopefully their long term sustainability in the world of photography.
Perhaps they could dedicate the profits from this limited edition camera to hiring another technician at Leica NJ?

I find the special editions a little silly, BUT I will say I like the aesthetics of this one admittedly. Would I buy it at the asking price? Absolutely not.

as a followup to this stunning glow in the dark all black stealth monochrome

Leica is suspected to be working on, would you believe it,

a chrome un-monochrome camera
that you can see in normal room light or day light
without special special glasses
that can actually digitally photograph color!

naturally it will be a special high priced limited special edition camera
for special back to basics photogs
who have tired of monochrome photography

"It's an investment that I could hand down to my kids."

I don't really care what Leica does to stay in business but that remark is stupid ... but would have been less stupid if it had been a film camera. Be sure to leave them your toaster oven as well!

if i were rich with stupid money, i'd buy this camera and beat the hell out of it with use. i'd do the same thing to collector cars. they were designed and built to be used hard.

Back