Nikon 1: Post your photos!

0wig.jpg

fhuz.jpg

tq8v.jpg

94tq.jpg

1nmk.jpg

Tried a few snaps with my new Fotodiox adapter on my Nikon 1 J3. These are with an S-mount 13.5cm/f3.5 rangefinder lens. Little did I realize until I tried it, but using the adapter means the lens will only focus on objects between about 15 and 50 feet away from me. Maybe not even that far. Depth of field was razor thin too! But at least the lens looks cool on the little camera.

I need to try my 10.5cm/f2.5 lens on the J3 too, but it doesn't have a tripod mount. It'll be pretty noseheavy!

Finally got a chance to shoot trains with the J3.

First is with the 30-110 kit lens, at about 61mm (according to the EXIF data):

xvc3.jpg

Next is with the Fotodiox adapter and an early-80s vintage 300mm/f4.5 AIS lens:

5uch.jpg

I've just come back from Fiji, using a Nikon V1 and the 10-30mm, it's a pretty damn good camera, never let me down, even long exposures came out pretty well. The one below is 5 seconds, but others of 25 seconds came out well too, not too noisy, really good colours.

I also took a Sigma DP2m, but it's very inflexible by comparison, also a great camera though.

10529703723_e308be301c_z.jpg

I've just returned from five weeks backpacking in Thailand with my family. I bought a V1 as my travel camera just before I left and it filled the bill wonderfully. I last travelled in Thailand nearly 30 years ago with a Minolta CLE outfit (I wish I'd never sold that) and the V1 reminded me very much of it. Similar size and the 10-30 zoom has a similar range to the 28, 40 and 90mm lens I had then. I'm very comfortable with that range as I usually travel with an M6, 35 'cron and a 90 TE. I've become a bit precious about my photography lately, always searching for the perfect image, and it was really liberating to just take 'holiday snaps'. Here are a few Jpegs straight out of the camera as I haven't had time to play with the RAW files.

River Sands, Koh Lanta by seajak, on Flickr

Chiang Rai Food Market by seajak, on Flickr

Bhikkhu Pai by seajak, on Flickr

Statues Wat Phra Singh Chiang Rai by seajak, on Flickr

Morning Mist Karen Village by seajak, on Flickr

Food Market Pai by seajak, on Flickr

cheers,
clay

Winter Feed Alexton Wood

Winter Feed Alexton Wood

Pretty much as shot. Aprt from B & W conversion.
One of my favourite pics taken over Xmas.
Taken on our Boxing Day walk.

Nikon 1 v1 Nikkor 10mm 2.8

Attachments

• DSC_2815.jpg
    DSC_2815.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 0
Back