Nikon S2 or S3?

That would be really nice. I would really like to see the 50mm f/1.5 Heliar in S-mount. But I doubt they will ever release more SC lenses after the poor sales of the earlier 8 lenses. Cameraquest still has most of them listed for sale 20 years later.

I find the S Skopar 50mm f2.5 the best 50mm for the S-cameras. Adding the Heliars 40mm f2.8 and 50mm f/1.5 would really enrich their lens palette. The lenses must be light weight and small.

Erik.

Clearly some people can't stand the extra large 35mm brightline on the S3. I think those people are shooting with only one eye open. If you just open both your eyes, you'll find that you can easily see the entire frame and you don't have to move your eye around. But to each their own, just use what you like.

S3 + 3.5cm f/2.5

Good photo. Nice composition. Norway?

I am starting a special club of people who have found enlightenment using the S3 35mm brightlines with both eyes open. You are the first member. :cool:

:cool: Heh...honored!

I was out of the Nikon RF game for while, sold my S3 reissue about 3 years ago, but recently got back in when I picked up this nice S2 kit. Didn't realize the value of the viewfinder at the time, I paid less than the going rate of the viewfinder for the entire kit with a couple of lenses...

thumbnail

thumbnail

Funny, I was going to suggest you send me a camera with a 0.72x viewfinder so I can finally be at peace. It's black, but I admit I'm still very envious of your black S2. And thank you.

That would be really nice. I would really like to see the 50mm f/1.5 Heliar in S-mount. But I doubt they will ever release more SC lenses after the poor sales of the earlier 8 lenses. Cameraquest still has most of them listed for sale 20 years later.

I have the 50 sc skopar......it's very nice. I bought a ways back since Erik liked so much.

Back