NY, just like I pictured it

Good grief this one is good.

Yes indeed, Huss. As many of the posts on this thread (and a number of other threads on RFF) will attest, Helen's phtotography is consistently excellent, and has wide appeal. I would venture to suggest that she just catches 'The Moment' in a way to which (probably) most of us aspire, but which few of us - in reality - actually manage.

From what I've seen of Helen's photography on this forum, I'm sure that I could spend many a happy hour viewing an exhibition of her work.

Hello Akiva

Thanks for looking !

on this page
#81 Leica M6, Nokton M 50 1.5 , HP5 DDX
#82 Contax T2 , arista premium , HC110
#83 Leica M4 , 50 summicron v5, HC110 , TMax 400
#84 Fuji XE3, 50 f2 WR
#85 Leica M4, 50 summicron v5, HC110, TMax 400
#86 Leica IIIA, 50 Elmar, Rodinal, TriX
#87 Leica M6, 50 C Sonnar, TMax 400, Rodinal
#88 Leica M4, 50 Summilux pre asoh, TriX, Rodinal
#89 Leica IIIa, 50 Elmar, TriX , Rodinal
#90 Leica M6, 35 Canon f2 ltm, TMax 400, HC110
#91 leica M5, 35 Summarit, HP5, HC110
#92 Leica M4, 35 Summaron 2.8, TMax 400, HC110
#100 Leica M4, TriX, Rodinal
#101 Leica M4, 35 Summicron Asph, Trix , rodinal
#102, Leica M4, 35 Summicron Asph, TriX, rodinal
#103 Leica M4, 35 Biogon, TMax 400
#104 Leica M4, 50 Planar
#105, Leica M4, 35 C Biogon, TMax 400, Rodinal

M4 is the winner :).

I saw striking differences between the "old NYC" that was filled with laughter and life and many people in the streets, versus what we can see on TV these days about life in NYC. Maybe this is a good way for showing your work, Helen.

Don't mistake what you see on TV for the typical in New York City - or probably anywhere else for that matter - even during the pandemic.

Chris

Helen, First of all, I hope you’re doing well. i love the pictures, all of them, and they’re very moving in the context of the pandemic disaster. My wife and I spend a week in NYC last August, and experienced Manhattan at a moment in time that has been snatched away, for how long no one knows. Your photos capture the mood of the city before the disaster struck. I do hope you make a book of these photos (and others, too, since I hope you’ll keep posting). Congratulations on this wonderful collection!

-Steve

I am glad that you got a forum, Helen!
Now shower us with images and ideas and memories ....

Lovely photos! Really enjoyed them, and I'll look forward to following this thread.

Errrr--oh, and is the thread title indeed a reference to that brilliant, classic Stevie Wonder tune??

Back