NY, just like I pictured it

Something I have done daily in the past.. Been carless was norm back then...
Very interesting picture. Somehow I missed it on Flickr.

attachment.php

attachment.php

No offense, but to me New York is the Old World. Post-Covid-19, go and travel and discover the 'New World'. Cheers, OtL

Hi Out to Lunch, I think your words are very interesting... can you explain which is the "New World" in your thoughts? I'm not been cynical or ironic.

About this thread, I think is one of the best threads, because it isn't about New York, it's about Helen's world, inside this interesting city. All photographs are about Helen (I think so).

Thank you Helen for sharing your own world.

can you explain which is the "New World" in your thoughts?
Hi Shab, unless you live in a dungeon, you know what I meant. The ''New World'' was a Western European term applicable to the landmass of North and South America. Some time has passed, and as we speak, the ''New World'' frontiers have shifted to Asia. On the nature of this thread, I have no particular comments to share. Cheers, OtL

I have many fond memories of New York City.

My son works for GE, worked for a while at NBC in New York when GE owned NBC. My wife and I made a trip to New York city. His office was located, they called it, at 50th and Rock. We got a behind the scenes tour of NBC studios and it was wonderful experience. The Saturday Night Live stage and set was interesting as well as some of the Mumpetts that I understand were found in a closet.

We stayed at a Marriott Courtyard near Times Square. It looked like the small quaint hotel was sandwiched between two buildings.

Met my sons future in-laws in New York City. Photographed them outside of the Ed Sullivan theater where The Letterman show was produced at that time. They are from Shanghai China. Our son got us tickets to the musical, “Mama Mia.”

In the 1970’s I attended trade shows in New York city. I found a couple of slides I made of the city from one if the islands with the slides including the twin towers.

There is a lot to see and do and study in New York City. More than a lifetime of adventures.

Whenever we travel to New York city we usually arrive in Newark and take a bus into the city.

Always enjoy visiting New York city. Frank Sinatra is correct.

Hi Shab, unless you live in a dungeon, you know what I meant. The ''New World'' was a Western European term applicable to the landmass of North and South America. Some time has passed, and as we speak, the ''New World'' frontiers have shifted to Asia. On the nature of this thread, I have no particular comments to share. Cheers, OtL

Thank you OtL.

No, I didn't know what you meant and no, I don't live in a dungeon. ;-)

I was curious about your thoughts... and I have discovered there isn't any new "idea" in your sentence. Hummm... I think your sentence has an "old" way of thinking inside...

But I must admit, I could be wrong.

About this thread, I will say again, it's a very special thread, where Helen portrays this incredible city and her soul (Helen's soul) at the same time... I love it. Thank you Helen!

No offense, but to me New York is the Old World. Post-Covid-19, go and travel and discover the 'New World'. Cheers, OtL

No offense taken... I just 'see' it differently

It only goes to show with all your World Travel
how small minded You think of NYC to be.
It is a melting pot of the World
People from all over the World come here. Working, playing, creating, reinventing themselves...

As for 'Old World', there may be a hint in some cobblestone streets and Wonderful Old Architecture here and there

Your Old World can be a state of Mind, a rather boring too serious grumpy old man !

Back