Pentax 67 Gas!

Mendocino County Coastal Wildflowers

Pentax 67II, MC Pentax 67 Macro 135mm f/4 + Macro Tube #3, Fujicolor Pro 160S, no filter, tripod, PCV dev & scan

Becasue the macro tube does not transmit the f-stop setting to the meter coupling, after focusing I stopped down and put the lens in DOF preview mode so the Aperture Priority mode of the 67II set the exposure.

Angelica hendersonii (Coast Angelica, Henderson's Angelica) Wildflower
95620012xl.jpg

Eriogonum latifolium (Coast Buckwheat)
95620018xl.jpg

©2012 Chris Grossman

I miss My Pentax 67!!!!
I went to take photos with it few days ago...I thought it was secured in the tripod and as soon as I turned to grab my cable release..........I heard a big splash I turned and I saw it way down on the water with the Lovely 55mm F4 and a bubble lever :(

I was standing above the wall and shot with Sony a900 and nothing happened with it (Thankfully) but the pentax was not locked correctly on the tripod head and the tripod didn't move at all. unfortunately, I couldn't return it from the sea.

I sure miss it, it use to handle way better than my Hasselblad.

unfortunately, I couldn't return it from the sea.

Ouch.

Just returned to the big SLR after a second hiatus. I shot the 67 for many years, then ended up having to sell the whole kit. Got a body and 45 lens for a short while for a particular project and sold that when it was over. But I did miss it. And the great lenses are really great.

Have a body and a 55 right now, looking for a 100 next...

Thanks Peter and Chris.
I am working with a photo project named "colleagues". I make just one shot on each.
It will take me a some time but its worth it. Definitely.
/H

Shelby AC Cobra MkIII

Shelby AC Cobra MkIII

Shelby AC Cobra MkIII
Pentax 67II, 45mm F/4, Sunpak UV, Fujicolor Pro 400H, tripod, NCPS process+scan

©2012 Chris Grossman

Ouch.

Just returned to the big SLR after a second hiatus. I shot the 67 for many years, then ended up having to sell the whole kit. Got a body and 45 lens for a short while for a particular project and sold that when it was over. But I did miss it. And the great lenses are really great.

Have a body and a 55 right now, looking for a 100 next...

Welcome back! They do get under your skin. I had my first back in the mid-70s. Replaced it around 2006. While I have and love the 45mm lens, I do lust after the last 55mm lens. One of these days I'll spring for one.
Enjoy!

Wayne

Pacific Culver Stadium 12
Pentax 67II, 45mm F/4, Sunpak UV, Fujicolor Pro 400H, tripod, NCPS process+scan

©2012 Chris Grossman

A Moment In Time by Delesprie

Pentax 67II, 35mm F/4.5 fish-eye, Fujicolor Pro 400H, tripod, PCV dec+scan
~25 second exposure

The bronze A Moment in Time (by delespire) depicts the Culver City's Founder, Harry Culver, his wife Lillian, and their daughter Patricia. Harry Culver is reading a special edition of the Culver City Call, dated September 21, 1917, the day after Culver City became incorporated. The newspaper has articles commemorating the incorporation of the city, and includes as advertisements and announcements.

photo ©2012 Chris Grossman

The Culver Hotel

The Culver Hotel

The Culver Hotel, Culver City, California
Pentax 67II, 55mm F/3.5, Fujicolor Pro 400H, tripod, PCV dec+scan
~20 second exposure

©2012 Chris Grossman

Back