Pentax 67 Gas!

Pentax 67II, S-M-C Takumar 105mm F/2.4 wide open, SMC Skylight, Fujicolor Pro 400H, tripod, PCV dec+scan

©2012 Chris Grossman

The Lion's Fountain (turned off), Culver City, California

Pentax 67II, 55mm F/3.5, Fujicolor Pro 400H, tripod, PCV dec+scan

©2012 Chris Grossman

I love mine and after it's been with me crossing 6 continents on a motorcycle and never missing a beat while working from +45C down to -30C, from sand to ice I also think it's the best 6x7 slr ever made! From outside it's built like a tank but from the inside it's artistic as a Picasso. I'll probably take it with me into the grave! :cool:

On the Edge by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Winter Beach by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Shades of Snow by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Tracks by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Reflection by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Kaspar I by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Harri III by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Saaremaa Lighthouse by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Saaremaa trail by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Man with a Machete by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

Cheers,
Margus aka tsiklonaut

8238712833_e23b4fc42a_c.jpg

I love mine and after it's been with me crossing 6 continents on a motorcycle and never missing a beat while working from +45C down to -30C, from sand to ice I also think it's the best 6x7 slr ever made! From outside it's built like a tank but from the inside it's artistic as a Picasso. I'll probably take it with me into the grave! :cool:

Cheers,
Margus aka tsiklonaut

Margus, I discovered some of your P67 work a couple of years ago and it hasn't ceased to amaze me. Together with the fact of going down the road in a motorbike for a few months.

I am too a lover of travel, but currently studying; However I've decided that for a future "big" trip I'd like to bring MF.

Margus, I discovered some of your P67 work a couple of years ago and it hasn't ceased to amaze me. Together with the fact of going down the road in a motorbike for a few months.

I am too a lover of travel, but currently studying; However I've decided that for a future "big" trip I'd like to bring MF.

Yep, if you're into photography with a character it's worth carrying a decent MF-gear on your travels (big-$$$ dSLR guys will laugh at you though!). Lots of good MF rangefinders around too. While I'm looking for a Fuji GA645 as an "ultralight-MF" trekking camera the P67 SLR definitely will be my do-all camera - the big pro is that you can actually see what you're doing and get the right moment even with the filters attached plus P67 does it with a character of its own.

img913_2.jpg

img925_2.jpg

SF-031-(8x)_2.jpg

Safe roads,
Margus

Pentax 67II, S-M-C Takumar 105mm F/2.4 wide open, SMC Skylight, Kodak Portra 800, tripod, PCV dev+scan

©2013 Chris Grossman

Pentax 67II, S-M-C Takumar 105mm F/2.4 wide open, SMC Skylight, Kodak Portra 800, tripod, PCV dev+scan
©2013 Chris Grossman

fantastic shot! love the color and DoF!

Yep, if you're into photography with a character it's worth carrying a decent MF-gear on your travels (big-$$$ dSLR guys will laugh at you though!). Lots of good MF rangefinders around too. While I'm looking for a Fuji GA645 as an "ultralight-MF" trekking camera the P67 SLR definitely will be my do-all camera - the big pro is that you can actually see what you're doing and get the right moment even with the filters attached plus P67 does it with a character of its own.

Safe roads,
Margus

Margus, those are some inspiring work with the P67 and I'm glad I had the experience on shooting one but alas I decided to let mine go.
Might pick-up a 67II if their prices continues on dropping but otherwise I'm leaving MF photography. (Although my friend is selling me his 645N w 75 2.8..hmmm.)

here are shots from the last roll I took with my 6x7

img307 by earl.dieta, on Flickr

img310 by earl.dieta, on Flickr

Telephoto Seascape

Telephoto Seascape

Pentax 67II, 300mm F/4 @ F/45, Pan F+, K2, ND2, ND4, & ND8, NCPS process + scan

©2013 Chris Grossman

img925_2.jpg

Safe roads,
Margus

Wonderful stuff Margus; thank you for sharing with us.

If you haven't already people, check out his website - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480532 - wonderful travel photography there.

^thanks for a the link, I enjoy looking at travel pictures

well after selling my 6x7 on a friday, I ended up buying another 6x7 the next monday.
I was talking to a friend who was looking to buy an RB67 and that made me realize how much I enjoyed shooting with my 6x7. bought the same gear but this time I also bought a 200 f4 and planning on getting a folding focusing hood.

here's some pics from my new 6x7

img393 by earl.dieta, on Flickr

img387 by earl.dieta, on Flickr

I want one , just for portraits. Would You recomended the Pentax 67 with the 105 over... rollei or hasselblad? is in the same league concerning to IQ?

Back