pics of your zeiss ikon...

Think it's my turn... In the background is my grandfather's Contax IIIa with which I shot my first pictures. After a couple of years with DSLRs I'm going back to the roots.

Cheers,
Gregor

Attachments

• DSC_1146.jpg
    DSC_1146.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 0
GoldenMonkey-1.jpg

I still don't know if I like how the Ikon looks,
not knocking the camera, I just don't think I like it.

I wasnt too keen on it at first but i've come to love the camera's looks. :)

I still lust after a black zi from time to time though.

hey gang!

I've received my Ikon today! *YAY*

It is freakishly amazing! The VF is out of this world, and I get along pretty fine with all the dials.

Now... Since we've all seen them in every different shapes and sizes, I've decided to whip out my Canon 20D + Sigma 150mm to shoot something different:

7148ej8.jpg

6nw2lit.jpg

Lemos,just curious,how does your Zeiss Ikon ZM, compare to your Yashica GTN.Apart from build quality, how does the metering compare? GSN/GTN`s are renown for their accurate metering,I notice the ZM has the same bottom rewind as my Yashica YL circa 1958. Dead gorgeous camera your ZM, very sexy in black.

I actually also have a GSN, and have found it to be quite accurate with its' metering. Particularly since my understanding is that the electro calculates the metering on continuous scale, not at discrete intervals like most cameras. The lens on the GSN is actually pretty nice, I think the biggest difference is in the viewfinder. The Yashica definitely leaves something to be desired with the VF. Maybe it's not terrible, but after looking through a ZI.... it's not even a comparison.

Let me ask about the black finish on the ZM cameras. Is it black chrome like the black M6, which simply dulls with wear, or is it black paint over brass, which, with wear, reveals wonderful shiny brass wear spots!

back alley,

What kind of grip is that on your Zeiss Ikon? I have Zeiss Ikon leather case, will it also fit over the halfcase? Now if someone would make a vertical grip for Zeiss Ikon.

Back