Canon LTM Pictures from Canon LTM 35mm f:2, please

Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
3332023856_6a73a9c8dd_z.jpg

I suspect the dog is dreaming that someone would leave the door open and the store un-attended for just a couple of minutes!
Leica IIIg, Canon 35mm f2.0, Kodak XX in Pyrocat HD developer.

I will have to strip the sample down, I bought here on RFF and adjust for the play of the optical cell in the focus mount.
Anybody has done this before here - any tips?

I took my copy to Nippon (camera repair in NYC) because of this. Mine almost sounds like it rattles when I shake it. Other than that it functions fine. They looked at it, but I was told they would not bother opening it up because it was not a problem, and they were not convinced that anything they would do was going to make it better. It may be best just to live with it.

I took my copy to Nippon (camera repair in NYC) because of this. Mine almost sounds like it rattles when I shake it. Other than that it functions fine. They looked at it, but I was told they would not bother opening it up because it was not a problem, and they were not convinced that anything they would do was going to make it better. It may be best just to live with it.

Thanks for the heads up ;-)

It's indeed a very fine lens, rattling or not (a pity only, the seller didn't mention this).

My first try of this lens..love it...but gonna try it with a low iso film and shoot it at 100 to see how it works...

For now, Legacy Pro 400 @ 1600 with xtol

6549063039_b3993fa42c_b.jpg

It goes the same way, as other Leica compatible items :-(
Compared to a pre ASPH Summicron, it is still very, very affordable.
It does a few things better (slightly more compact + lighter + works with LTM cameras), than a Summicron and a few things not so good (no focus tab, seemingly lesser built quality - most samples around need work, as the body develops mechanical play over time) - its a great buy still!

My recently acquired Canon 35/2 LTM

My recently acquired Canon 35/2 LTM

I recently purchased a Canon 35/2 LTM and I am very happy with it's performance. I did not regret purchasing this little lens. I love the character and the sharpness of this lens. I don't care if this is considered as a summicron bokeh king killer or something, all I can say is that it has a fascinating bokeh of it's own and I love it!

Canon35f2LTM_04-1.jpg

Canon35f2LTM_03-3.jpg

Canon35f2LTM_02-1.jpg

@F2

Canon35f2LTM-1.jpg

Canon35f2LTM_05-1.jpg

@F2

Canon35f2LTM_06-2.jpg

@F2

Canon35f2LTM_08-2.jpg

Canon35f2LTM_07-2.jpg

Canon35f2LTM_09-2.jpg

@F2

More Speed Better?

More Speed Better?

After looking at all the shots in the thread I am inclined to think the old Canon 2.8 is better at the center both for sharpness and useable width up to f4.

The wonderful comparison posted with the new Leitz glass gives a perfect take on the look of the old Canon lens. Note the vignetting, not just for darkening, but focus too.

Here's a shot from the old 2.8 at 3.5, the extreme corners are the same as the 2, but look at the size of the useable area. I think it's a tad better.

I don't think either the Canon 2 or the 2.8 give an image as good as the old 3.5 Summaron, but the 2.8 Summaron is in a different league altogether, speed be damned.

Leica IIIc, 2.8 Canon 35mm, Ektar:

14222116054_4c83cb7c68_o.jpg

I got a 35/2 Canon after years of hearing it's hype. I shot it a while, it was too cold and antiseptic for me. I'm back to shooting my 35/1.8, which I love. But here's a shot with the F2.0 version:

12614016193_ccef2700b4_b.jpg

I got a 35/2 Canon after years of hearing it's hype. I shot it a while, it was too cold and antiseptic for me. I'm back to shooting my 35/1.8, which I love. But here's a shot with the F2.0 version:

12614016193_ccef2700b4_b.jpg

"Cold and antiseptic"?? Can someone help me understand the meaning of this comment? I am not that old into photography and cannot understand these two terms. Thanks, Pepe

Back