Canon LTM Pictures from Canon LTM 35mm f:2, please

Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
I see I'm not the only one who wants a hood and UV filter for a Canon 35 f2.0. Has anyone tried the 40mm thread Fuji Finepix LH10 hood with this lens? Thanks.

love this lens

YGZt4ES.jpg

Haha - nice one Tom - he looks boss!

I will have to strip the sample down, I bought here on RFF and adjust for the play of the optical cell in the focus mount.
Anybody has done this before here - any tips?

I took my copy to Nippon (camera repair in NYC) because of this. Mine almost sounds like it rattles when I shake it. Other than that it functions fine. They looked at it, but I was told they would not bother opening it up because it was not a problem, and they were not convinced that anything they would do was going to make it better. It may be best just to live with it.

I fixed mine a few weeks back. It takes two steps, in my case. And approx. 3 hours of alone-time with the wife out and the cats locked up. :D

First, a complete teardown of the (quite simple) focusing mount to get to the helicoid, which needs a re-grease. I used heat-resistant lithium grease. Wobble was gone after that.

Second, after a lot of fiddling I found the right entry point for the helicoid and got the lens in the ball park, but infinity focus was off a bit (tested with a known correct adapter on the Sony A7).
I shimmed the brass spacer ring in the lens with one layer of the thicker type of aluminium sticky tape that is used by plummers etc. (thanks Brian Sweeney) to get it spot-on.

In a few weeks I will have a camera to test it on with film and if I manage to get anything worthwhile, I'll post here.

This thread had me dig out my copy of this lens. It's a Type 1 . I'd not previously noticed the wobble of the front section of the lens. I was mulling over whether to use this in preference to my Zeiss Biogon on account of its diminutive size.

Testing it today with Delta 100 in my Leotax confirmed my previous impression of its optical qualities. Soft wide open , might be ok for portraiture but certainly not landscape . 2.8 shows massive improvement with very good central sharpness and decent edge performance. By f4 centre and edges are all very good to excellent.

I'm not clear from what I've read here or elsewhere whether this performance is typical or indeed if Type 1 and Type 2 of this lens offer consistently differing IQ.

I was on the Tamarkin website earlier checking out their second hand equipment and noted they had a Canon 35mm f2 in Leica screwmount for sale. In EX++ condition for $395. No idea if that's a "good" or crazy price, but just in case anyone's looking for one of these...

Hey Johan, thanks for the info - greatly useful for all the owners of wobbly Canon 35/2 (I still have two of these waiting for a rebuilt).

These are wonderful little lenses and I much enjoy peeking into this thread from time to time. Thanks everyone for sharing!

mine has rather strong distortion and field curverture. not the lens of choice for architecture, otherwise I like it very much

cook
by andreas, on Flickr, Sony A7, Myanmar 2016

Dirk, you're welcome! How's that 85mm lens doing btw, grew tired of it yet? ;)

Bakemono, I like your 'snaps' for their rendering and content!

This is exciting, I just bought one and am waiting for delivery. If it's almost as good as the 50/1.4 that I have I will be totally happy.

Back