Polaroid Thread

IGMeanwell

Well-known
Local time
10:36 AM
Ok ... so I am making an official thread for the polaroid lovers, this stemming from all the talk on the coffee and camera thread.

I received my Fuji FP-3000B film today; I took a couple examples and I was hoping this would evolve into some discussion into Polaroid rangefinders

My camera is a Land Camera Model 250 114mm glass lens with the Zeiss Ikon viewfinder

I have the portrait kit, a cloud filter, and a flash gun (though never used it)

I bought the camera off of ebay over a year ago for 10 bucks ... it came with a case and a flash gun ... oh and a strap :)

The exposure was off when I first played with it, but after a little research I found this site
which showed how to adjust the exposure mechanism and locate a battery

Good ole Radio Shack still has lithium versions of the batteries and it took about 6 days for the transaction, since Radio Shack has to locate these batteries in their warehouse

The exposure took a few shots to get right (about 6 or 6 dollars) ... to be honest I only ever got it right for the ISO 3000 film and I have yet to try to ISO 80 or 100 on its setting ... but the shots I get with this camera was worth the trouble.

When you take it out in public to take some snap shots or portraits people always ask questions and love the look of the old bellow camera (old is relative since my camera is circa 1966)

My father thinks back to his teenaged years when he sees it, my nieces love their portraits especially if they get to hold their photo (2 and 3 years old)

As much as I love my other cameras, especially my Yashica ... this Polaroid just remains its own camera for better or for worse

Share your polaroid stories or your work... or ask questions regarding the Land Cameras or Polaroids in general

Enjoy everyone and long live polaroids!!!!!!!

I just got a polaroid back for my Crown Graphic...I can't wait to fiddle arround with it! Do you do any of that developing onto water colour paper? I believe it is done by peeling the film early and rolling it onto water colour paper. It's supposed to be quite painterly.

Nice shots BTW!

I like polaroids too :)

I have a SX-70 (there are some shots on my website) and about 14 shots left of time-zero film.

A few months ago I got this awesome Polaroid book (something like "photographs from polaroid collection"). It is a very inspiring book and its packaged like a pack of film too. I really wanted to get a polaroid Rangefinder after looking through all those beautiful polaroid photographs. But there are so many different models, I couldnt make up my mind and they are not that cheap, either. And the film... thats quite expensive too. But may be you have some tips about which camera is best and which film.

A while ago I saw about 30 packages of expired fuji instant mini film being sold at 50 cents each. I thought "man I cant let that go!" So I bought just about all of them, and then got the camera to go with it from ebay for 10 bucks. fun thing for parties and such.

Last edited:
Great ! I have some Polaroid Land 340 pics, but I have no flat scan ! I'll ask some friends to scan for me to post some.

cp_ste-croix said:
I just got a polaroid back for my Crown Graphic...I can't wait to fiddle arround with it! Do you do any of that developing onto water colour paper? I believe it is done by peeling the film early and rolling it onto water colour paper. It's supposed to be quite painterly.

Nice shots BTW!

I've just started experimenting with Polaroid transfers.

There are some basic instructions on the Polaroid site, and then there is a comprehensive book on transfers by Holly F. Dupré at

http://www.pacificsites.com/~hdupre/trans.html

Does anyone know whether Time Zero will be bought by some other company and continued in production? (I'm trying to decide if I should stock up.) BTW, I have a pristine SX-70 on my eBay--click my profile home page link to view.

polaroid 636 I found somewhere & a magnifying glass..sorry, no large format backs, or advanced manipulations, or.. just some pictures from a newbie!

I have never tried the water color printing... its sounds pretty good.

I know many people love the SX-70 ... but I have never used one, only one of the newer 20 dollar pack film polaroid cameras

The one good thing I about the newer pack film ... it got rid of the god awful smelling exposure chemical ... believe it or not Fuji's smells different from Polaroids, but they both smell bad

you have to try the sx-70! you can get one for 20 bucks. and instead of time zero film, you can put a pack of 600film (you just have to cut off those plastic thingies on the bottom and underexpose)

I love Polaroid. Years ago I went through a phase of only shooting polaroid with one of their Spectra cameras -- great saturated colors. Nowadays I use Polaroid 55 -- a 4x5 film that produces an instant print and negative (albeit never a perfect print and neg at the same time as the exposure parameters are a stop or so off each other). It's great -- the instant gratification of digital but a fantastic LF negative with which to play.

-- Mark

Is the 600 film or the 779 as good as T/0? The Polaroid info page is good stuff. I knew that pair of Pentax binocular polarizers I bought years ago would come in handy one day. Now I just have to make an adaptor to fit them on the lenses. PS: Check out my "Dreamsicle" SX-70 below. Real leather too.

Last edited:
Fuji FP-3000B 'negative'

Fuji FP-3000B 'negative'

I've been experimenting with scanning the "negative" from Fuji FP-3000B B+W print film. Just blown with hairdryer, scanned, and reversed in Photoshop. What do you think?
[Shot with Polaroid 600SE, Mamiya 127mm 4.7 lens.]
4279293539_3edc0da0c5_b.jpg

Will it dry real quickly? How long do you have before the image from the "negatives" fade away? I am just curious how you can save the "negatives" during field shooting.

Your camera is nicer than mine, but I shoot a lot of FujiFP100/3000b and really like it. I have a portrait attachment (#581) and there is nothing like it.

3214175940_e4e05ec063.jpg

Bought a few days ago a Fuji FP-3000, not yet used, planning to do in next days. I like the scans from negative, I'll try it !
robert

You're striking a lot of familiar notes. I've been working with instant for about a year with a variety of cameras, including refurbished old Polaroids.
I love that reverse scan trick for FP3000b:
4213985995_d568292f30.jpg

One of my cameras is a flea market Polaroid mounted a good lens and shutter, giving me full control over shutter speed and aperture, (but not having to pay $100s for a Polaroid 180). It was the only camera I took with me to Spain this summer and, as you can imagine, it attracted a lot of attention. I got some great shots too
4061712703_4f511d250d.jpg

My newest experiment is with a pinhole camera with a Polaroid back. Again, Fuji 3000b inverted:
4296989866_079510f994.jpg

Will it dry real quickly? How long do you have before the image from the "negatives" fade away? I am just curious how you can save the "negatives" during field shooting.

Depends on the weather. Indoors, I'm using a hairdryer for 2 minute dry times. Once dry, the "neg" seems stable. (We're talking Fuji 3000b)

Polaroid 1000 camera Land. Photo doesnt get out of the camera

Polaroid 1000 camera Land. Photo doesnt get out of the camera

Hi all,
first of all I would like to thank this wonderful section for Polaroids lovers, there are spots in internet where one can find info, but not many are really useful!

I ve got a second hand Polaroid 1000 Camera Land recently, and I bought the film that Impossible Project has produced for the sx70 series (the camera land uses the same film), but when I tried to shoot some pics the photo does not come out of the camera, it gets stuck inside and when I open to pull it out, there is no picture info, just a dark brown surface.
Does anyone knows why that happens / how I can solve it?

I ve read in the basic manual of the camera that it might happen because of the battery, but I am unsure whether it is about the filmpacks battery or a camera battery (sorry, i m lost on that, I dont even know whether the camera has some sort of battery or however is the film which has its own one)

I am plastic artist and was counting already in some Polaroid pieces, so I would very much appreciate your help!

thanks a lot in advance

'Bleached' means the negative side was cleaned with household bleach...Right?

I have done just that with Fuji 100C with some cool results...

U489I1273062964.SEQ.0.jpg

and one left partially uncleaned for effect...
U489I1272976834.SEQ.0.jpg

Todd

Back