Polaroid Thread

Here are my fave shots I have taken so far. I love polaroid. It's great fun.

I have a 450 with flash, cable release, could filter and close up kit. Also waiting for a square hooded 'rainbow' supercolour 1000 which should be here any day now.

6653527155_4f17057c9a.jpg

6653526199_dd11d8a319.jpg

5690389691_0340a3043e.jpg

Was just posting about these the other day so I think many of you will have seen them before!!

Looking forward to trying the 1000; I have the B+W gold and black frame film packs to try. I'm also going to go and get a fridge at the weekend for all the film I'm stockpiling...

The flash on my 450 stopped working the other day (not a big deal when using 3000B) and I located the problem; it's the ribbon circuit board in the shutter housing which has perished a bit. I may fix it or just get another 450, they are pretty cheap. I didn't use the flash much anyway so it's no biggie. I will use flashbars on the 1000.

ped

*bump*

my first Polaroid...

le Coffee Club by nighstar, on Flickr

Polaroid 1200si + Impossible Project PZ 600 Silver Shade

nothing special, but it means something to me. i look forward to taking more polaroids in the future. :)

here's a tip: you can check the autoexposure time of a Polaroid pack camera by tripping the shutter with the lens covered. the lens is f/8 (wide open) and you can do your exposure math from there and the sound of the shutter. I do this sometimes because my 250 underexposes alot (+1,5 to get a neutral grey overall!) and FP-3000b looks really flat and grey and dull when it's underexposed.

OK as you know I love Polaroid, and I've always been interested in the SX70 camera which is arguably the jewel in the crown. The first ever folding SLR camera.

I managed to find, after some searching, a mint example.

8c56c487.jpg

ad245b3c.jpg

The results are incredible. This thing focuses down to 10 inches and has a beautiful DOF.

I took some shots earlier today so I'll scan them in and share as soon as I can get to work and use their scanner.

The quality feel of this camera is just amazing, you wouldn't believe it was made between 1972-1977 because it feels so well made and futuristic.

Cheers
ped

Love all of those. I'm going to have to get my 450 out as I have loads of film for it including some of the blue and sepia stuff.

Presume you used a tripod and self timer or release cable on these?

I've got a SX-70 Sonar on my retiree shelf. Maybe I'll pony up for some Impossible Project film down the road, but the results are so uneven I'd hate to waste money.

fuji 3000b also discontinued...

fuji 3000b also discontinued...

I just found out that Fuji 3000B is also discontinued. WHY?! :(

Buy them up while you can, i guess.

By the way, Adorama has the expired (feb 2012) FUJI FP100C for $5.99 each. ($5.70 each if you buy a box of 60 packs, which works out to $342.

Love all of those. I'm going to have to get my 450 out as I have loads of film for it including some of the blue and sepia stuff.

Presume you used a tripod and self timer or release cable on these?

Thank you.

No, in fact they are all hand held, and all shot without release cable.

Back