Post your CL/CLE images

50490037982_d153093cab_c.jpg
[/url]Closed1 by Horatio, on Flickr[/IMG] Gone in 2020. Nokton 40mm 1.4. FP4, 1/125 @ f8 in Rodinal 1:50.

Did a DIY shutter curtain repair and also adjusted the vertical and horizontal rangefinder alignment. Still getting used to the placement and feel of the shutter release, but enjoying the results so far. :)

How did you know the RF needed adjustment? I was having similar issues with the button until I added a soft release. For some reason it's easier for me to find.

I have tried using a Jupiter-3 on my Minolta CLE. Seems to be working great, although framing requires a bit of guessing.

I love the OOF background in your portrait. Was this wide open? I just bought a J-3 for my Leicas, and can't wait to try a portrait. Any insights would be appreciated.

How did you know the RF needed adjustment? I was having similar issues with the button until I added a soft release. For some reason it's easier for me to find.

The vertical alignment was slightly off so it made confirming the double image a bit more difficult, especially in lower light situations. However, adjusting the vertical threw the horizontal out of whack, so getting the two to coincide took a bit of trial and error. After the adjustment, it's much easier to focus.

As for the shutter release placement, it's just a little bit more to the left than I'm used to. On most of my other cameras, it's centered around the advance lever, so just a bit of muscle memory to overcome. I also have a soft release on mine, and it definitely helps a lot.

I love the OOF background in your portrait. Was this wide open? I just bought a J-3 for my Leicas, and can't wait to try a portrait. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thank you! Yes, it was shot wide open. This is a black J-3 that was made in '84. I was very worried about focus shift, but having shot 2-3 rolls I haven't found any pictures that I could say were really affected by it.
Here's another sample at 2.8:

50740603087_306477e784_b.jpg

50337283343_9353db3062_z.jpg

Flickr
'75 Leica CL anniversary & the 35 Elmar 3.5 some people claim to be sub-par.
Agfapan 25, print on Foma Variant lll 11"x14" print..... Erik Van S & I have very sharp examples w/ great character.

Sold my M2 due to COVID last spring. Needed some quick funds when money was tight. Found myself wanting another M-mount that was less precious, and this CL fit the bill. Got it on YJ Auction for under $200. VERY pleased with the outcome - all in all. Hardly missing the M2 at all.

From Late last summer. Canon 35/2 LTM. HP5+

51042584967_e1e00d4ec0_b.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Peter Jennings, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back