Post your Sony RX1 Images

med_U3187I1404702145.SEQ.0.jpg

Just perfect depth of field, at this size anyway. It may look a bit different at a bigger size, but I tried different viewing distances and it just seems to work.

Of course, there are many things to like about the photo, but the way the hat divides the scene into sharp and blurry somehow makes it for me. I don't remember seeing many images where such a thing really catches my eye. A very well thought out composition.

This really is a stunning camera...I can't belive more people on this board don't use one!

Couldn't agree more, Patrick and those two images are prime examples of what people are missing out on. The camera is nothing short of amazing.

sony doesnt update. they make new models, thats their idea of updates. btw im an rx1 owner. you buy sony expecting nothing more than whats in the box.

Signed it in any case. For me the zoom during focus peaking is its only firmware resolvable flaw.

Beautiful photos you all. I didn't know this camera (of course I heard of it) but seems to perform very well in the right hands.
robert

Am I the only one who finds a sort of soothing film-ish look in those beautiful RX1 pictures?
If someone told me that this:

was taken on a 6x7 medium format camera on Kodak Portra I wouldn't be surprised at all.

The only thing that prevented me from switching to shooting mainly film to mainly digital was the look of digital pictures. In a word: soulless.
But what I've seen so far from this camera made me change my mind.

I'm gonna meet a seller tomorrow who's giving up his very nice RX1 setup (including pretty much all the original accessories, electronic viewfinder, hood, leather bag, battery charger) for a fair price and hopefully I'll be contributing to this thread pretty soon.

Post Your RX1 Images

Post Your RX1 Images

Beautiful photos you all. I didn't know this camera (of course I heard of it) but seems to perform very well in the right hands.
robert

Thanks Robert. I remember from a few years back also seeing several really good pics you shared on the X1 thread at LUF so I know you appreciate a good fixed- lens camera. It's interesting that this thread at RFF draws so few posters. There really are many nice images here. RX1/RX1R is a very special camera. With grip installed, it handles very nicely. Looking at the Q, I imagine it will also require a grip. There are quirks in layout with the RX1, but it is still very workable.

Back