Quick!! Help needed. Plustek 7600 or Epson V700?

Quick!! Help needed. Plustek 7600 or Epson V700?

• Epson V700

Votes: 82 62.1%
  • Plustek 7600AI

Votes: 50 37.9%

• Total voters
Check this

Image quality
Now we come to the most important part of our test that is the image quality of the Plustek OpticFilm 7600i. According to the producer, the image quality has been optimized and the deficits as for example the bad working dust and scratch correction of the previous model have been eliminated. Now we will see if this also applies in practice.

We start with the resolution test: during a test scan with the USAF-1951 target with a maximum resolution of 7200ppi, the horizontal and vertical lines of the element 6.1 are hard to distinguish. According to our Resolution Table this results in an effective resolution of about 3250ppi. Thus, in practice, the Plustek OpticFilm 7600i does not even provide 50% of the resolution that is mentioned in the package. Compared to the previous model Plustek OpticFilm 7500i, the effective resolution of 3500 dpi has worsen to 3250 dpi. It is annoying if one purchases a scanner that in practice only provides 43% of the resolution that is actually promised by the producer.

http://www.filmscanner.info/en/PlustekOpticFilm7600i.html

What do you think?

Here the same for the epson

The claimed maximum resolution of 6400 dpi is higher than in most film scanners. But how much does the Epson Perfection V700 Photo really reach? In a test scan of an USAF test chart the horizontal lines of the element 5.3 and the vertical lines of the element 5.5 can yet still be differentiated. The result is therefore an actual resolution of only about 2300 dpi. That's less than 40% of the claimed resolution. The scan of a 35mm-slide or a negative using 2300 dpi, results in a file with approximately 7 megapixels. That's within the range of many common digital cameras.

http://www.filmscanner.info/en/EpsonPerfectionV700Photo.html

Now what??

My Plustek 7300 when I scan at 4500dpi provides a 74mb (4009x6029) tiff, or a 24mb of pixels....
I don't scan under 4000dpi, this seems the bottom end before fine detail starts getting lost.

Hi the point is why

the Plustek OpticFilm 7600i does not even provide 50% of the resolution that is mentioned in the package, the epson do that too,
So if i buy a scanner the resolution must be the double , to get the real ??

Back