Votes: 57 41.3%
  • Trigger winder

Votes: 38 27.5%
  • Keep it naked baby

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • No comment

Votes: 11 8.0%

• Total voters
I have the winder and like it for side hang it allows and for left eye using the viewfinder.

But do not think of it a motor drive. Some people say they achieve 3fps, and other people have jammed their camera this way.

I have side grips on my r3a and my L. It suits my shooting style as I prefer to carry my cameras in my hand with a wrist strap; and the side grip gives me something more chunky to get my fingers around.

The Trigger winder isn't smooth at all compared to the beloved Rapidwinder. I actually like the heft though to counter balance bigger/heavier lenses. Without it the camera tilts forward which is annoying.

I have both and I always prefer the trigger winder. I put the side grip onto my R4A with 21/4 for the lightest possible weight and the grip adds some improvement for handholding since I have big hand.

Yes the side grip adds to ergonomics, but I like mine naked, it's lighter, smaller, more inconspicuous etc. The trigger winder, well if you're left handed that's fine but if you want speed, you probably should have bought a different camera..

On saying that, I've never had a side grip. It might be one of those things you get and instantly fall in love with...

I prefer my Bessa with the trigger winder. Apart from the improved grip and easier wind-on, I like being able to carry the camera over my right shoulder, and having the strap attach at just one end keeps it out of the way when I bring the camera to my eye.

I had a thread a while back asking people about the trigger winder. And at the end decided to just try one. Having had a grip and a half case before on my Bessas, I much prefer the winder. And I dont even use it that much to wind film, but I like how it makes camera feel in my hands. More solid. Plus it covers the entire bottom and gives 2 tripod sockets. When I do use it to wind film - it's pretty cool too, just takes some getting used to. Never had any issues with frame spacing on 3 Bessas I used it. Lockups, from what I understand, result when people start to wind BEFORE shutter closed, usually happens with longer shutter speeds. So, if you are careful - no problems should come from it. So, all-in-all - I recommend it over the regular grip.

I have the trigger winder and I love it on my R2! I have large hands and the camera is incredibly comfortable for me. Even if I don't use the trigger, I love the balance and weight of the camera with winder. I'm quite happy with it.

I have the trigger winder on the R4 and the sidegrip on the T, and I like both. But the winder does give more to hang onto, and I like it for that extra stability alone.

One problem is that I keep forgetting to use the trigger to wind, and that caused irregular frame spacing if I recall correctly. So I taped up the thumb wind to keep me from using it!

I never had that problem with my old R3A plus trigger winder when using the wind-on lever; the only time I had frame-spacing issues was from yanking hard on the trigger winder, which would cause frames to overlap. I soon developed a pull-pause-release rhythm which cured that.

Back