Ricoh GR Digital (I,II,III,IV)

Cool capture there. I remember this scene from the museum out in SF. Good rendering, too. I have always liked the CCD feel.

Thanks, ramosa. Yes, that's the Living Roof at the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park. I agree that the GRD IV's CCD sensor offers something unique. Not many CCD cameras made anymore.

GRD 3, macro setting allows some other kind of (self)portraits

tumblr_pn6mpubnQF1tum3hno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pn6mpubnQF1tum3hno5_1280.jpg

All my GRD III images are processed in Lightroom. I generally put in an S shaped tone curve, reduce highlights, bump up shadows, increase black point and do minor adjustments with saturation and clarity.

The GRD III has some quirks of colour, like a magenta cast, which I resolve with individual adjustments of hue, saturation and luminance of certain colours. Auto white balance can get weird in some light, so I shoot raw and adjust WB if necessary.

P.S. - Anyone have a spare hood to fit the GH-1 adapter? If your not using it I would! lol

Picked up a old Caplio G4 “Wide” and I’m having so much fun with my old compacts. Has me thinking I need to grab another GRD or two. Still have my trusty GR Digital OG kicking away.

I’ve traveled around 15-16k miles over the past 2 months it’s stupid how little I grab the SLR. BUT! Glad I did bring the big guns here and there.

Crunching images.. but it’s feeling like a GRIII as more miles are planned.

Picked up a old Caplio G4 “Wide” and I’m having so much fun with my old compacts. Has me thinking I need to grab another GRD or two. Still have my trusty GR Digital OG kicking away.

I’ve traveled around 15-16k miles over the past 2 months it’s stupid how little I grab the SLR. BUT! Glad I did bring the big guns here and there.

Crunching images.. but it’s feeling like a GRIII as more miles are planned.

B-9, if you're still looking, my GR Digital IV is for sale in the classifieds. ;) Great little camera, I just don't use it anymore...

R0012086.jpg
by dourbalistar, on Flickr

Has anyone used both the original GRD and the second version? I've read that the b/w jpegs from the original are more magical, but what about the RAW output? If I took RAW files from both versions and processed them to b/w with the same settings, would they differ? It's not clear if the chips are different (besides the obvious resolution difference - I meant the overall look) or just the jpeg processing. I know the RAW write speed is very different, which is why I'd rather get the v2.

I've got a GRII (he big sensor one), and it is very nice, but I long for more dirt sometimes.

Back