Ricoh GR1 or Fuji klasse w

Ricoh GR1 or Fuji klasse w

• Ricoh GR1/s/v

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Fuji Klasse W

Votes: 23 65.7%

• Total voters
I just can't see myself manually exposing a scene. I feel like it would take me too long and after some time I'm sure that I would loose the joy in shooting. I want to work quick and "capture the moment" as it happens. Manually focusing/zone focusing is fine for me but I don't think that manual exposure is for me, if that makes sense.

Sorry you are wrong!
Mindless shooting yields few good images, even if lucky.
One must/should have an idea of the photo you want.
Anticipating, searching and waiting ..
Manual exposure is not "Astrophysics".
Film has wide tolerances.
I shot old Tri-X in steps from 10 ASA to 1600 ASA (almost ISO).
I made small prints of all..
Reasonable prints throughout!!
Get a good camera, Barnack or any decent mechanical.
You will get joy as you learn..

It's not "mindless shooting" just because it's auto exposure. He will give up fine DoF or shutter speed control in exchange for faster reaction speed.

I went shooting downtown Chicago a few times in these past 6 months doing street shooting.

Once with a Nikon FG (on A) and prime lenses and once with an EOS 630 and 35-135 AF lens. Just the difference between manual vs. autofocus and primes vs. zoom meant that I got a lot more keepers on the trip with the EOS.

It breaks my heart, as I prefer shooting all manual, but for capturing those moments, automation really can help and rarely hurts.

The problem I have with the Klasse is it only meters down to EV4, just like their cheap p&s kameras.
So it’s barely more than one of those in a fancy wrapper.

In comparison the Contax T3 meters from Ev1 to Ev 18 while the incomparable Rollei QZ35 meters from Ev -2 to 19

Back