Road Trip 2019: M8+ Hologon

Thank you!
I nearly gave up on using the Hologon with the M8 or M9, and I am now using this lens with film. I am too impatient to modify each image with some software. I am used to using slide film for "perfect" exposures and no adjusting. I don't have time either for hours of working on removal of purple smearing in the edges with digital cameras and the Hologon.

I really don't get bothered by the edge smear or purple cast. I just ignore such stuff and look at the main focus point in each image. The images are unique. At least, this is how I am biased.

Wonderful series. The M8 continues to amaze me. I have to use mine more. It has never
missed a beat since I bought it new in 2007..Especially like the B&W.
Dan

Nice photos, Raid! We covered much of the same ground in Norway in 2011, and it was expensive then! I think you've used the Hologon well. I find superwides daunting, but I just got a Skopar 25mm for my Contax so I'm going to give wide another try.

Thank you Steve. I am relatively new to ultra wide angle lenses, but it is not different to get to enjoy such perspectives.

Back