Rolleinar?

paperflowers.jpg

Rolleinar 2, f2.8 @ 1/60th. The lighting conditions were quite dim, and there was a breeze going so I didn't dare stop down any further for fear of movement blur in the subject.

anyone used alternative bay I closeup filters?
I know yashica made some, and rolleinars are a bit too rich for my blood

Bay III Rolleinars are a bit spendy, I'll agree. But well worth it for what they do.

Here's a profile shot taken with a Rolleinar 2 -
No distortion here :)

chernkong-profile.jpg

anyone used alternative bay I closeup filters?
I know yashica made some, and rolleinars are a bit too rich for my blood

Yes, I purchased a cheap close up for Bayonet I that I use on my Diacord G:

9428566533_d03a8f8df0.jpg

This is a 2 but Camera Depot has 1 and 3. He also has a line of filters that will fit Yashica.

note: you put the biggest lens on the top viewing lens.

I have never used anything made by Rollei that qualifies as junk with the possible exception of the Rolleiflash which was a small flash bulb unit that bayoneted onto the front of the camera and was way too close to the lens to get decent photos.

I have a Rolleinar 2 Bay II 2pc set. Do I need a Rolleiparkeil for it? Still confused.

I haven't seen a two piece set. If you have two identical Rolleinar 2s and there is no prism effect with either, then you have two pieces from a 3 piece kit. The viewing piece of a two piece kit cannot look identical to the taking Rolleinar, even though I haven't seen these. One of the pieces must have a red dot.

If you have a single piece viewing Rolleinar, one clue would be that it should go on the Bayonet so the red dot is at the top. The clue for what I was doing wrong with my three piece set (I had forgotten that simple fact) was that the red dot arrived at 1.30 on the dial when bayoneted home. I then realized that I had two identical Rolleinar 2 convex lenses. When I put one of those on the viewing lens with Rolleiparkeil 2 over the top, sure enough the red dot bayoneted home at 12 o'clock excactly. My next experiment would have been to focus with the Rolleinar 2 on the viewing lens, and then take that off and focus with the Rolleiparkeil 2. If it was a three piece kit my focus range should be too long and certainly different to the focussing with the Rolleinar 2 on the viewing lens. Hope that isn't even more confusing.

Hullo all, long-time lurker here, just wondering if anyone could advise as to which Rolleinars/Proxars might be most appropriate for use with the Rolleicord IIb (1939, I think, it's the one with a bayonet on the taking lens but no bayonet mount on the finder)?

The manual from Butkus shows two 'slip on' type ones, my best guess thus far has been that it'd be the 28.5mm ones, but not sure!

Also - I've seen these as 1x28.5 and 2x28.5, does that signify the same as the differing Rolleinar numbers? (+1/+2?)

Cheers in advance! I'll keep searching round the board to see if I can find anything more!

Ey guys! I'm not sure but the correct Rolleinar for my 3.5F Xenotar is the Bay II one? With the rolleinar 2 i get two lenses? One for the viewving lens and one for the taking lens? How close with the Rolleinar 2 I can take the picture?

Thanks!

Back