s.u.i. - shooting under the influence

9634887388_cbce2f7c18_c.jpg

I avoid it now, since getting a film jammed in the M2, probably on account of this. I wasn't seeing double or anything, but I think that a couple of double exposures towards the end of that roll were interesting. No more shots taken that evening though as it was only next day I trusted myself to get the film out.

I've only done it a few times and only with my DSLR. I couldn't imagine either trying to protect, focus or unload/load a Leica screwmount after more than a couple of beers. I'm not so fussy about damaging my Sony.

This was from a day a mate and I went out to photograph the disappointingly lame New Bedford folk festival in MA. We went drinking instead after finding nothing interesting to photograph. At 1am after a long, alcohol soaked day we were walking home and came across a tiny coffee shop with the most amazing noise emanating from it. Somehow in the mayhem of low light, manual focusing, Irish music induced meyhem I managed to avoid getting the camera smashed. I had the wherewithal to ask permission before I shot.

So yeah, do it, but be careful.

the Pourmen_54 by Toastno6, on Flickr

This was my favourite

Belly up me boys by Toastno6, on Flickr

that was shot after the opening for Simon's exhibition in January .. (I was not totally wasted but tipsy enough). Unfortunately non of the shots from the gallery were useful. I forgot to check the shutter speed after I handed the camera to someone, ****ing nerds :D

Untitled by Kay__K, on Flickr

after a rff meet

handhold flash and 25mm lens is even more fun with some ‰

I have enough trouble these days dealing with reality on its own, let alone dealing with reality under the influence.

Hangovers hit harder when you're over forty. That doesn't mean you can't manage some tequila, just not the obliterating quantities of years past. :D

I have enough trouble these days dealing with reality on its own, let alone dealing with reality under the influence.

Quite. Like Philip Dick said, reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. Applies with drinking too.

you know you're obsessed with photography when you look at a pic like that and the first thing you think about is, the white balance needs to be fixed.

Maybe I should have changed it in camera but I liked the way it turned out. I also upped the pink highlights in PP and I like the feeling these tones give me.

more

Untitled by MrEllis, on Flickr

selfie by MrEllis, on Flickr

Back