Sad News--Roger Hicks

Yesterday I received my second issue of the new film photography magazine, PhotoKlassik International, and was very pleased to see that Roger had written an article for it. It is a beautifully and thoughtfully produced magazine. So I reached out to him about that and about other health challenges Roger and Frances had been having and he let me know this sad news, thanked me for my support and friendship, and signed off "Cheers". I learned so much from them, and he has been incredibly generous in his advice since I started developing film again last year. A very sad day indeed.

Steve Rosenblum

Roger has shared so much with this community. He will be greatly missed.

Both thoughts and prayers for Roger and Frances.

Such sad news. Roger has certainly been an inspiration, with his freely given knowledge, and very solid opinions. I hope his remaining days are peaceful, and that he knows he will be terribly missed by many. And, my best wishes for Frances.

Sad news, indeed.

I started reading Roger and Frances in Shutterbug magazine. I was thrilled to find Roger here and to become of aware of his and Frances's website. They have shared a lot of hard-earned knowledge with others interested in photography.

I wish Roger a smooth transition and I send my condolences to Frances.

I will miss you, Roger.

- Murray

Yes it is always sad to hear such news. He will definitely be missed for many good reasons not just here on RFF.
Best wishes to he and Frances

Very sorry to hear this. I've always enjoyed Roger's posts. I will miss him. I had hoped to meet him one day.

Terrible news. What a wealth of knowledge he has shared with everyone here. I’ve learned so much from his writing. I hope he stays as comfortable as possible. My heart goes out to his family.

He will be remembered by many people by virtue of his art and expertise. I have many of his and Frances’ articles that I clipped from Shutterbug magazine so many years ago, and refer to still. Roger, thank you for all that you gave to so many of us.

A relative newcomer to photography, I discovered Roger and his and Frances' work through this forum. In my opinion, he is one of the jewels of this forum. I wish him peaceful days ahead.

Back