Safe buying anything from Russia at the moment?

mpaniagua

Newby photographer
Local time
4:17 AM
Was browsing the bay and saw a couple of itemst that catch my eye (some kiev cameras and lenses) but since they are on the Russian Federation, probably wise to stay away for the time being.

Do anyone know if shippping FROM Russia is stopped/paused at the moment? Same from Ukraine?

Apology in advance if someone think I'm being insensible, but the common civilian people may need support (both on Ukraine and Russia).

Was browsing the bay and saw a couple of itemst that catch my eye (some kiev cameras and lenses) but since they are on the Russian Federation, probably wise to stay away for the time being.

Do anyone know if shippping FROM Russia is stopped/paused at the moment? Same from Ukraine?

Apology in advance if someone think I'm being insensible, but the common civilian people may need support (both on Ukraine and Russia).

Stay away. Russia is basically isolated flights-wise. Ground transport logistics are disrupted. Many European ports do not allow Russian ships to enter. And, most importantly - I would not buy from this country until they deal with their leader.

I bought a 1950 ZK 50/1.5 from a Russian seller on Feb 26, 2022. I dont have anything against the seller or the Russian people, but am wondering whether I will ever receive the lens.

Stay away. Russia is basically isolated flights-wise. Ground transport logistics are disrupted. Many European ports do not allow Russian ships to enter. And, most importantly - I would not buy from this country until they deal with their leader.

Wouldn't hold your breath...

Like everyone says, the airspace that will be off-limits to transport flights out of Russia is increasing by the day. Your cash will be dead there for a long time to come.

Well...thankfully the Mir-24M that I ordered from Ukraine has landed in Canada for processing. This was ordered about a week before everything kicked off.

I will have to let you know about a Jupiter 3 coming from the Russian Federation. Tracking shows it on route but I'm not sure whereabouts. I believe [Mar1] that it is still on ground.

~ Hibbs

I ordered an early Turret Finder out of the Ukraine a couple of days before hell broke out. In Kiev on the 24th. It actually had an update today that it was being shipped out. I cannot imagine someone taking the time during all of this to worry about my shipment. At least it means the Comms are still up.
  • Mar 2, 2022
  • 6:43pm
  • ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT
  • Feb 24, 2022
  • 12:22am
  • FOREIGN ARRIVAL AT OUTWARD OFFICE
  • KIEV PI-1, UA
  • Feb 22, 2022
  • 2:55pm
  • FOREIGN ACCEPTANCE
  • UA
  • Feb 21, 2022
  • 11:22pm
  • Tracking number provided

I hope the seller got the money and is safe.

BUT- the seller has nothing listed now. I am surprised that EBay has not suspended Sales from Russia and the Ukraine, not just buyers. Truly Stupid Move- makes it looks like they just want the fees from the sellers and do not want to deal with items not being received by Russian/Ukrainian buyers.

I would not buy from this country until they deal with their leader.
I understand the sentiment. But realize that for the last few years the US imports over 600,000 barrels of oil per day from Russia. Over 670,000 per day now at close to US$100 per barrel. That is 67 million US$ per day that Russia is getting from the US.

I understand the sentiment. But realize that for the last few years the US imports over 600,000 barrels of oil per day from Russia. Over 670,000 per day now at close to US$100 per barrel. That 67 million US$ per day that Russia is getting from the US.

And it’s about the time to change that. Or limit to the minimum. While you maybe cannot survive without oil (for now), you can live without other things from Russia.

I have no idea whether regular postal shipments between countries are constrained by the various sanctions. However, given that a lot of international commerce of goods including mail involves airborne transport, it seems likely.

The Russian people are like us in the USA, reasonable working people who just want to be allowed to do a days work for a days pay. Ucranians the same but more so. The Russian dictator and our king have things messed up. The situation is unbelievable to me.

Bottom line, the people and commerce suffer, unless you are Russian and selling $55,000,000.00 dollars in oil to us daily. See what I mean? So save your money until things get fixed.

I understand the sentiment. But realize that for the last few years the US imports over 600,000 barrels of oil per day from Russia. Over 670,000 per day now at close to US$100 per barrel. That is 67 million US$ per day that Russia is getting from the US.

old fart bidon is brezhnev times apparatchik

The Russian people are like us in the USA, reasonable working people who just want to be allowed to do a days work for a days pay. Ucranians the same but more so. The Russian dictator and our king have things messed up. The situation is unbelievable to me.

Bottom line, the people and commerce suffer, unless you are Russian and selling $55,000,000.00 dollars in oil to us daily. See what I mean? So save your money until things get fixed.

Doesn't sound like you ever been in Russia and Ukraine even once.

Back