Safe buying anything from Russia at the moment?

o while I bear the Russians no ill will I do bear ill will towards the war being prosecuted in their name. On that basis I will avoid transactions with Russians until Putin sues for peace and withdraws back across the border to Russia. That's my position, and as usual YMMV.

Following this line of reasoning we should avoid buying anything from the US until they end the illegal occupation of one third of Syria where they are stealing Syrian oil and wheat. I think you'll see where this kind of reasoning will lead us. It should be up to each and everyone to decide for themselves where to buy their gear without being shamed or pressured. I have not called for a boycott of US goods.

Following this line of reasoning we should avoid buying anything from the US until they end the illegal occupation of one third of Syria where they are stealing Syrian oil and wheat. I think you'll see where this kind of reasoning will lead us. It should be up to each and everyone to decide for themselves where to buy their gear without being shamed or pressured. I have not called for a boycott of US goods.
You seem unable to differentiate between first person singular and first person plural. That is just for starters, I will not be drawn into a political discussion.

Good, then I hope we will be spared the calls for boycotting Russia or any other nation.
Russia needs Western currency to buy parts for its bombs and rockets. If we trade with Russia, Russian banks get access to Western currency. Indirectly, we then support Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine.

Of course, you have to decide for yourself how big of a conscience you have and whether you care about the war crimes Russia is committing in Ukraine.

Like many others, I try to make ends meet. I boycott companies that trade with Russia, like Pernod the owner of Absolut Vodka and other companies. I was therefore saddened to see that Leica continues to trade with Russia.

As a Swedish citizen, I understand that Ukraine is only the first piece in Russia's plans. The former president (and Leica owner!) Medvedev is said to have said that Russia's area of interest extends to Portugal.

My country Sweden has recently swung quickly and applied for membership in NATO. They say history never repeats itself, but sometimes it now feels like a cold wind from the 40s...

Russia needs Western currency to buy parts for its bombs and rockets. If we trade with Russia, Russian banks get access to Western currency. Indirectly, we then support Russia's war of aggression against Ukraine.

Of course, you have to decide for yourself how big of a conscience you have and whether you care about the war crimes Russia is committing in Ukraine.

Like many others, I try to make ends meet. I boycott companies that trade with Russia, like Pernod the owner of Absolut Vodka and other companies. I was therefore saddened to see that Leica continues to trade with Russia.

As a Swedish citizen, I understand that Ukraine is only the first piece in Russia's plans. The former president (and Leica owner!) Medvedev is said to have said that Russia's area of interest extends to Portugal.

My country Sweden has recently swung quickly and applied for membership in NATO. They say history never repeats itself, but sometimes it now feels like a cold wind from the 40s...
Mark Twain said that history does not repeat itself but that it rhymes.

Back