Shooting Eastman (Double-X) 5222 in the Leica

Hi, William,

Okay, backing up here and trying to catch up a little, while a piano sonata by Richard Strauss is playing (not my favorite but it fits my mood this minute), my mind returns to your post which I admired some time ago.

Your image is very well, beautifully done! And that was in Rodinal? What is the story behind this image? Is that portrait your own work? Is that a commercial presentation you happened upon? Either way, thanks for posting.

What size are those prints? I don't mind a little grain but your image of that work does not show the grain I ususally associate with Rodinal. If you could enlighten me, it would be much appreciated.

that s a big commercial portrait ... i stumble upon..
somehow i really like the eyes ..
so i make this other photo of it..

I have some print of eastman 5222 ussualy i rate at 400 up to 30x45 cm .. and it manage to be a very well print from the eastman and rodinal combo

Sincerely
William

PD180504.jpg

PD180506.jpg

Patton Drivers event, Ulbeek (Be) 2018.
Leica IIIf, Summarit and Double-X (HC-110, B, 5mins , 20C)

Hi David,
You can call Kodak and order the 400' roll by phone; they are friendly and take VISA.
I got my film the next day from Eastman NYC regular shipping

Contact Info:
Kodak Cinema & Television
360 W 31st St
New York, NY 10001

212-631-3400
800-621-FILM

PD180504.jpg

PD180506.jpg

Patton Drivers event, Ulbeek (Be) 2018.
Leica IIIf, Summarit and Double-X (HC-110, B, 5mins , 20C)

These are great images! It occurs to me that I may have never thanked you for your photos that I have enjoyed for so long. They have a theme and a character that is really special. :)

These are great images! It occurs to me that I may have never thanked you for your photos that I have enjoyed for so long. They have a theme and a character that is really special. :)

Aw shucks, Dave. No need for that. My photography is still at "professional amateur" level compared to some lovely work others posts on these boards.

image tax:
CCB0123.jpg

CCB 2017 Trip.
Leica IIIc, 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar, Double-X (over-developed :( )

CCB0344.jpg

CCB 2017 Trip - Beer run at Angoville-Au-Plain
Leica IIIc with 5cm f/1.5 Sonnar and Double-X (over-developed)

Interesting grain and softness in this image. Thanks for sharing!:)

Thank you! I'm not sure if it's the lens wide open, or in combination with the film. Here's the frame immediately preceding, which I think has a similar softness.

Leica M5, Canon 50mm f/1.4 LTM, Eastman Double-X 5222, developed in LegacyPro L110 at 1:31 for 5.5 minutes.

2016.10.01 Roll #088-00296-positive.jpg
by dourbalistar, on Flickr

Does shooting my Leica M using a Leica screwmount count? :D

Of course it does! ;)

I sold all my Leica and Canon RF stuff, now I shoot with Minolta SRT SLR's. :eek:

And anyone using XX IN ANY CAMERA is more than Welcome to participate!

Remember Photo 101... The camera is just a light tight box. :)

And also Remember; Barnack invented the first Leica, to utilize scraps of 35mm Movie film.

Back