Show me your latest darkroom prints

15.5x15.5 Ilford Warmtone Fiber, matted for customer. "Deep in the Rockies", Hasselblad 501CM, 50mm FLE @F/11, ND filter, 1 minute exposure on Agfa APX-25, Rodinal 1+50.

iPhone pic of actual piece....

Looks to be a beautiful print. Bet this is stunning in person!

Last week. It was actually a test of 6+ years old opened MACO Lith concentrates that have been brewing (oxydizing) in my cellar while I was away from my country for some years. It is so wet in the cellar that all the labels of the bottles have peeled off! And 7+ years old opened package of MACO Lithpaper staying at room temperature. Didn't expect the chemistry and paper emulsion to work so good after all those years. I have some Moersch Lith stuff I want to try next.

Pentax 67, 105mm f2.4, Rollei 100 Tonal (developed in Diafine A+B), Durst 1200, Rodenstock 90mm F4 APO, MACO Superlith + MACO Lithpaper. Drumscanned with low-res just for web-use.

8582941107_e45abed365_o.jpg

Last week. It was actually a test of 6+ years old opened MACO Lith concentrates that have been brewing (oxydizing) in my cellar while I was away from my country for some years. It is so wet in the cellar that all the labels of the bottles have peeled off! And 7+ years old opened package of MACO Lithpaper staying at room temperature. Didn't expect the chemistry and paper emulsion to work so good after all those years. I have some Moersch Lith stuff I want to try next.

That is unbelievable!
Lith developer in working solution expires in a matter of days.
How can a concentrate stay active that long?

And your print is a strong contribution to this thread.

That is unbelievable!
Lith developer in working solution expires in a matter of days.
How can a concentrate stay active that long?

And your print is a strong contribution to this thread.

Thank you!

Indeed I was surprised myself. I believe the A & B concentrates themselves are quite neutral and chemically relatively "inactive", only when mixed together they become an "explosive" mix. The Lith-solution dies (oxydizes-) out within a hour or so in my darkroom.

I do use Tetenal Anti-Oxydant spray before I close the concentration bottles - maybe this is also the trick of this longetivity since the Liht bottles were well over half-empty for 6+ years.

Two more from this series:

Take care,
Margus

8600114115_af3895cf93_c.jpg

Size: 8x10 inches
Paper: Adox MCP
Film: TMAX 400
Note: I'm experimenting with the high-key look. The magenta dial on my color enlarger was cranked out to max for this one. I know, I should have done Lith to test the paper, but still, it has its charms.

thanks, will! don´t you use fb any more? there´s the fb version of the mcp, the mcc. a decent emulsion, both of them.
my portraits are on fomatone, a bit lacking the clean whites, but very warm instead.

regards,
smp

thanks, will! don´t you use fb any more? there´s the fb version of the mcp, the mcc. a decent emulsion, both of them.
my portraits are on fomatone, a bit lacking the clean whites, but very warm instead.

regards,
smp

Just some, I like RC better.
I haven't tried the MCC though, I heard it's easier to flatten than Ilford FB papers.

iPhone pic of print in the wash.

16x20 print on 20x24 paper. Ilford Gloss paper. 35mm film.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
Boris,
I was waiting for your contribution to this thread.
And I wasn't disappointed, that's a very interesting and carefully composed photo.
It works in a lot of ways.
Good job.

next set of portraits. the upper 2 are from last summer, a happy family time. the 2 below are from a friend who died last week. we´ll bury him on saturday, and i´ll bring one of them for his family.

med_U7147I1365062992.SEQ.0.jpg

my post 100, tataaaaa!!!

That portrait of your friend who just passed away is a very, very touching tribute.

Inspiring in more than one ways.

that portrait is from december, during my last visit at him. he was suffering then, the signs of cancer were visible on him, but he still had not given up. when he became tired i asked for the picture and got the m6 from the car. the winter sun in his room, late afternoon..... i left without knowing..... precious memory. the best photography can deliver.

Patrick,

It may be an old image, but it's very, very well printed.

I'm amazed how many good printers we have here in this forum.

I hadn't realized about this thread, but I had enjoyed it a lot. I want to contribute with three prints I had photographed with an iPad while still drying. Shadows and colour cast are my fault.

I forgot to add the paper details, Fomatone MG Classic 131 developed with Moersch ECO.

Cheers

Attachments

• la foto4 (Medium).JPG
    la foto4 (Medium).JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 0
  • la foto2 (Medium).jpg
    la foto2 (Medium).jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
  • la foto5 (Medium).JPG
    la foto5 (Medium).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
Back