LithValtos1.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Lithstreet3a.jpg
    Lithstreet3a.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 0
8641137487_a980c475f8_c.jpg

Film: Ilford Delta 100 6x6
Paper: Adox MCP
Note: The print appear darker than it really is thanks to the crappy all-in-one office scanner.

I hadn't realized about this thread, but I had enjoyed it a lot. I want to contribute with three prints I had photographed with an iPad while still drying. Shadows and colour cast are my fault.

I forgot to add the paper details, Fomatone MG Classic 131 developed with Moersch ECO.

Cheers

Those are some amazing monochromatic colors without deliberate toning.

Photographs here are soo good! No wonder, since it takes effort to produce a print... so this is a nice quality vs. quantity example. Do you hear me all the digital photographers down there with your 32GB CMOS Auto Megapixels :))

Photographs here are soo good! No wonder, since it takes effort to produce a print... so this is a nice quality vs. quantity example. Do you hear me all the digital photographers down there with your 32GB CMOS Auto Megapixels :))

Great darkroom prints and great digital prints are beautiful to behold... in person. Here on the web, its impossible to tell the difference... except that one is declared darkroom the other digital by the person posting. :rolleyes:

Great darkroom prints and great digital prints are beautiful to behold... in person. Here on the web, its impossible to tell the difference... except that one is declared darkroom the other digital by the person posting. :rolleyes:

that´s true. as i have no scanner, neg or pos, i take my lumix to shoot my darkroom prints to post on rff. a very mixed technique, leaving only a faint impression of the original.

but the choice of pics shown here is much more selective, as a darkroom print is so much more effort to produce.

A very cool portrait.
Did you give one print to your friend to hang in his office or house?

yes, will, he even´s got the choice between two captions.

i often give my prints away. oftenly asked what i do with the many prints i came to decide to "let them free" when somebody asks for a picture instead of storing them at home. it´s better to know somebody likes them in their home instead of locking them away. so there are single prints at other places without having a duplicate for myself. i like that.

Except darkroom prints are more unique than inkjet.
With each post in this thread, I get more admiration for each individual who contributed.

Now, don't start lecturing me that digital prints are more than pushing a button. I do both darkroom and inkjet. I like digital prints also, but I never get the same satisfaction as when producing a good darkroom print.

Anyway, this thread is about darkroom printing. Let it resume its course.

Real.
And still ultra-lovely!

NOTE: I don't use the word 'lovely' on those heavily processed bridal shots that smacked me in the face everywhere I look these days.

Congrats to the couple.

Will, thanks for your kindness! It seems you are a person rich of words, always finding something appropriate to say.

My talents for design, for appearance, are zero, just lacking the sense for it.
I wanted the persons in the days of their wedding, not the clothes they wear on that day.
Of course I shot digital color on the next day, the wedding day, but I reckon those darkroom prints will be much more important for them in a couple of years. They may not be of instant beauty, but they will grow in meaning.

hope i don´t get on anybody´s nerve by dominating this thread. but the big gallery is not for me, i don´t like posting pics there, there´s too much diversity to be enjoyable. so i stick to topical threads.

U7147I1370098516.SEQ.0.jpg

springy love.

This was my first time back in the darkroom since spending a week in the California Redwoods. The fallen Redwood tree I am standing on is so massive that it easily spans the 75 ft wide creek with room to spare and allowed me to set up my 4x5 on a tripod and have room to compose the image....I was thankful to not drop anything in the water.

The image was made on Kodak Tmax 100 4x5 black and white film with a 90mm lens and printed on Ilford Warmtone Fiber two days ago. Photo of 11x14 workup print taken with iPhone 5 via window light...

Back