show us your Retina!

By the way, it's not too difficult to pop the top on the IIIC to clean the viewfinder.

Jack, I never realized how dirty it was until I looked at the photo! I'll look up instructions to take the top off and clean it out when I get a chance!.

Congratulations Colin: There's a Reitina 1a in a display at a nearby camera shop. It's so tiny and the Schneider 50/2.8 Xenar, set in a Compur shutter temp me whenever I walk by.

Best Regards,

Congratulations Colin: There's a Reitina 1a in a display at a nearby camera shop. It's so tiny and the Schneider 50/2.8 Xenar, set in a Compur shutter temp me whenever I walk by.

Best Regards,

Thanks

You should grab it. Even though it doesn't have a rangefinder it is still a fine picture taker.. The Xenar's are far better than expected..

Although I have never been keen on Kodak cameras this one really got me. Loaded with a Plus-X of 1975 to test it.

Next now, looking for a IIIc with many lenses to play with.

Although I have never been keen on Kodak cameras this one really got me. Loaded with a Plus-X of 1975 to test it.

The coated Xenar on the Retina I is a fine lens. Very nice for both B/W and colour.

Hi,

Seeing the IIa's back and the Reflex reminds me that I've no idea if my Reflex S is made in Germany or anywhere else for that matter. Can any one tell me?

Regards, David

Type 122, doesn't get any better!

Type 122, doesn't get any better!

Guys - I got real lucky recently and picked this up on an online auction site. Sent off to Chris Sherlock (thanks Chris) and it is the gem of my collection. Recently ran some Gold 100 through and will post results when they arrive.

Attachments

• retina forum 122.jpg
    retina forum 122.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 0
Here you are
retina1.jpg

Very nice. The first of the wonderful Retina series and the camera that introduced 135 to the world. As a side note, if I'm not sadly mistaken it is the only Retina without the 'Retina' stamped into the back being angled.

Back