show us your Retina!

111c, the meter is accurate enough I don't need the Sekonic

24574631343_a626491474_z.jpg
[/url]Kodak Retina 111c by Michael DeLuca, on Flickr[/IMG]

Retina IIIc from 1957

Retina IIIc from 1957

My dad's 1957 Retina IIIc, just renovated within the past two weeks by Chris Sherlock. Have the flash, most filters, number 5 metal shutter cable, 'B' case. Plus the original boxes except for camera and case.

Attachments

• 7FX_2202.jpg
    7FX_2202.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My Retina IIIS, found at a swap meet last February. The leatherette was cracking and chipping off, with wide strip scraped off the middle of the back. So I found some thin bookbinding leatherette and re-covered it--my first attempt at that. Otherwise, the camera was and is in very good condition. The only problem I can find with it is that the yellow pointer of the light meter lightly touches the meter needle when they are lined up, so the meter has to be used carefully.

Kodak Retina IIIS by Noel Parsons, on Flickr

Kodak Retina IIIS by Noel Parsons, on Flickr

I took the IIa out shooting yesterday. About halfway through the rangefinder was slow to return and wouldn't go all the way back to infinity. Thanks to Chris Sherlock's pages I CLA'ed the rangefinder.

Shawn

Hi everyone, my first post. You seem like a friendly knowledgeable group. I Just picked this up from Charity shop in UK. Seems to be mint but I guess I need to run a film through it first. I don't know much about Retina's. Looking forward to researching them and using this rangefinder.

780f8f447daa2e60556918b0501ac8dc.jpg

Paul

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Another one of my IIIS, this time with the 50mm f1.9 Xenon. It does make the camera bigger and heavier but I actually prefer the handling compared to the usual f2.8 Xenar with the focus tab, despite the intrusion in to the viewfinder. Perhaps it's just me...

I completely agree on the little focusing tab, it's even more difficult with the lens hood attached to the camera. I understand some of the later Xenar lenses have a knurled ring in addition to the little tab so I'm sure Kodak came to the same conclusion as well.

My IIIS fitted with the Xenar lens, I've also got a 50mm Xenon and recently picked up a Tele-Arton (it's so tiny!) and a Tele-Xenar. I'd love to find a 35 someday too.

This is my new to me Kodak Retina IIa thanks to a member of this community...
I have loaded it with APX100, enjoying the slower life of shooting with a rangefinder and love that it's such a beautiful and well made piece of machinery...

37430191962_46736c6d42_c.jpg

36751931874_9171834256_c.jpg

36791305523_842e2de930_c.jpg

Got a very good suprise from someone who picked this beauty in a German flea market for next to nothing. It's a beautiful camera, in perfect condition and seems to be working just fine, it has a beautiful brown leather case. Put a test roll in it, we'll see the results. Time to put the ol' Weimar to work! :) . Also, found an old Agfa film in it, must have been there for at least 25 years, had to wind it before i opened the back. Could someone tell me if it's supposed to be developed manually? Thank you.

Kodak Retina 1b-1.jpg

Kodak Retina 1b-2.jpg

Kodak Retina 1b-4.jpg

Agfa CN-17 was a negative color film with its own process, different from C-41. You would have to find a specialty processor which will probably be expensive. On the other hand, color negative images might well be gone 25 years after exposure.

I would recommend discarding the film. The Ib looks wonderful!

Thank you for the info, might as well try to develop it this way. So far so good, i have 3 exposures on my test roll in the Ib, i will develop them at the same time.

Offtopic question ... how do you guys feel about bulk film? Is it worth it?

Oh ... Happy New Year ! :)

My Retina's

My Retina's

New member here. Hope this works. Here are my Retina's. Including my pride and joy, my Retina IIC Rodenstock lens edition. Mostly proud because it only cost me 60 bucks and recently saw one sell on eBay for almost $400.

Attachments

• 20180122_122720.jpg
    20180122_122720.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
  • 20180122_123521.jpg
    20180122_123521.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
Back