Show us your SLR ..... WHAT?

Although the F5 is my all time favorite film cam for it's ease of use, meter and weather resistance, I like the Leicaflex for it's focusing paired with the 4 R lenses I have. There is just a certain crispness (if that's a word) to Tri X and Neopan with these lenses. I can't pinpoint what it is but there is something about them.

Mike--be honest with us, now!
Do you REALLY like black cameras??!!
Beautiful stuff--thanks!
Paul

It kinda looks that way, doesn't it? :rolleyes: Back when these cameras were new to the market, my cameras were chrome but it was because I could not afford the extra $'s for black paint. Now the only cameras I can't afford in black paint are Leicas. :D ...oh, and Nikon RF's too. :bang: :)

My little humble rig

My little humble rig

My trusty rig is a worn to bits Pentax 67 that is about as old as I am. It's been travelling with me on a motorcycle for over 200 000 km (125 000+ mi), mostly bad roads or offroad, visited over 90 countries and 6 continents. Built like an Abrams tank from outside but is artistically utterly inspiring from the inside once you learn how to properly shoot with it (95% of my shots are handheld BTW - there goes your myth of P67 being only a tripod camera).

I've been shooting with it from -30C (-22F) to +45C (+113F) and it has never missed a beat. God knows how many rolls I've put through it. Still going strong despite it's very worn and looks like shete with some bits missing (fancy, shiny & polished dSLR owners have always a good laugh on it :D). I'll probably take it with me into the grave.

It's the best 6x7 SLR ever made IMHO.

SDI9238.jpg

Waiting for the moment by tsiklonaut, on Flickr

...and a most excellent dump it is! :)
Your collection of vintage cameras are amazing in their myriad variations of the basic SLR camera design theme. I thoroughly enjoyed your post, seeing & learning from someone who obviously finds satisfaction in studying & using these cameras. So thanks for sharing your interest in and your knowledge of these fascinating vintage SLR's.

I have a soft spot for pre-electronic SLRs. Before the expense of adding electronics thinned the herd there were a lot more companies with a lot more ideas about how things should work and look.

Here's the FM2n I just recently got.

Nikon FM2n by Abram Goglanian, on Flickr

It's got a dent on the prism which I'm a little bummed about because it wasn't described that way (I was expecting the wear and tear on the bottom at least), but functionally it's sound so I guess I'll live with it ;) I know they're tough cameras. It's the older version of the FM2n with the titanium shutter blades as well.

Here's the FM2n I just recently got.

It's got a dent on the prism which I'm a little bummed about because it wasn't described that way (I was expecting the wear and tear on the bottom at least), but functionally it's sound so I guess I'll live with it ;) I know they're tough cameras. It's the older version of the FM2n with the titanium shutter blades as well.

congrats on your black beauty! and what strap is there? goes really well with the camera

The company is called Matin, they're Korean and it was a strap I bought on ebay a couple years ago for my X100 when I still had it. I kept the strap around because I liked the feel and length since it's broken in now. I don't know how long it will last as I am unsure of the quality of the leather. I wish I still had my old Gordy's strap around, but this will do for now.

Back