Show your photos from a vintage folder

cross posted from the Medium Format - Long May It Live thread

Bessa II Color-Skopar Fomapan 100 Ilfotec HC 1+31

U27021.1650161186.0.jpg
Long Reef, Sydney

Black sand beach.

Zenobia 645, Kodak Porta 800

51983730054_8eac4b6027_b.jpg

Nice one James! Nice contributions here and very much enjoyed seeing the one from old man in Himalayas! :)

David

Thank you David. I have a lot of images and negatives of Father in India during the war. He documented much of his time there, including his anesthesia procedures. I have a book with dates, reason for surgery and length of time the procedures took from 1943 and 1944. Hospital ship work, a MASH camp and the Prisoner of war camp.
A quick story…..an Italian officer who was very ill he needed penicillin but the Allie’s would not give it to the axis troops. Father somehow got some and treated him on the quiet. When the man recovered he asked Father how he could repay him for saving his life, Father said teach me Italian and he did. It turned out he was a member of the Fiat family and he and Father became lifelong friends. We as a family would drive over to Italy in the 60’s with my Uncle and stay for a while near Torino. My parents would leave us with Uncle in the Hotel and go and stay at Sosi’s villa for a few days. I have lovely images of these two men and their wives. I remember as a child Father reading letters at the breakfast table that had arrived from Italy that morning. Lovely memories for me and I have the negatives to prove it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6471.jpg Views:	3 Size:	273.2 KB ID:	4806305 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6460.jpg Views:	3 Size:	297.1 KB ID:	4806306 These are just test photos after getting my Voigtlander Perkeo ll shutter serviced.....trying to run through the speeds. Both the separation in the shadows and the highlight detail just floored me. I didn't expect the '53 Color Skopar to be that impressive. 120 Tri-X ...Prints on Arista RC

I was thinking much the same - it's incredibly simple, but it's got a little story in it, and there's the anticipation of what happens when you reach the seat.

In Mexico: Felipe, Jack, Sharmista - Rosarito 2021
Voigtländer Perkeo II
Scanned with Hasselblad 907x + Makro-Planar 120mm f/4

Trip out to 'Paper Mill Lock' near Little Baddow, ESSEX, England with my Great Camera Club / FLICKR Mate RAY -- I tried my old German ZEISS IKON folder after I had got inside and cleaned out the 'Haze' BUT the FILM I tried dated 03/1992 AGFA XRS 200 let me down -- I downrated it to 50 ASA but still under-exposed and some worse than others -- should have rated it 25 ASA. I got 1/25th second @ f22 in Bright Sun.
Re-Scan by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

Back