Other Areas Singapore and Malaysia RF Club

If you find the images intense, you should ask Peter to describe wha it was like being there. Sent shivers down my spine when we spent a morning talking about it.

Terence T said:
If you find the images intense, you should ask Peter to describe wha it was like being there. Sent shivers down my spine when we spent a morning talking about it.

I always wanted such an opportunity and when I finally got it, I do not want to experience it again! Shocking is the word to describe it! See wounds and people dying in the hospital is one thing, seeing people mutilating themselves is another! There are shots that I have missed because I am too shocked to take them! :eek:

Glenn! Have you finished your roll of XP2 yet? Show us the shots of your new-old Yashica! :p

hi guys from Sg and Msia!
decided to pop in here for awhile, and lower the average age a little (i'm mid twenties) ;p

Welcome to the club Kelvin! What are you using at the moment? How is the 35mm/2.5C getting on?

hi peter!
still using the R2 and ur 35C .. and enjoying every moment using it :)
but i realise that i still cant get the bokeh that i want fr tt lens... was thinking of cv50/1.5 .. any comments?

learner said:
hi peter!
still using the R2 and ur 35C .. and enjoying every moment using it :)
but i realise that i still cant get the bokeh that i want fr tt lens... was thinking of cv50/1.5 .. any comments?

The 50mm/1.5 is a great lens and is very sharp. The focal length is very versatile but it depends on what kind of photography you are doing. The lens in question is rather big and if you do not mind having part of the view-finder being blocked by it, there is one available from Terence here in RFF. Alternatively, the Ultron is very good and fast lens, I am almost using it exclusively nowadays and you could give it a thought as its Bokeh is rather pleasant.

Peter said:
The 50mm/1.5 is a great lens and is very sharp. The focal length is very versatile but it depends on what kind of photography you are doing. The lens in question is rather big and if you do not mind having part of the view-finder being blocked by it, there is one available from Terence here in RFF. Alternatively, the Ultron is very good and fast lens, I am almost using it exclusively nowadays and you could give it a thought as its Bokeh is rather pleasant.

yeap i've emailed Terence abt it heh... think the 35 ultron is still abit overbudget for me.. or maybe i shld just save the money for a film scanner :rolleyes: it's quite a putoff having to pay $5 per roll for scanning...

learner said:
yeap i've emailed Terence abt it heh... think the 35 ultron is still abit overbudget for me.. or maybe i shld just save the money for a film scanner :rolleyes: it's quite a putoff having to pay $5 per roll for scanning...

Trust me, the film scanner is a must! After I bought the Minolta Scan Dual IV last year, the money I saved went into more films and other essentials. But I still think in the future you should get an Ultron if you like the 35mm focal length. It is the best focal length for RF and the best for general documentary and street work.

tks terence i saw the thread... arghh... guess it'd b more logical for me to use the money on a filmscanner instead of lens buying...

anyone knows how much cathay is selling the scan dual IV for?

Peter said:
Glenn! Have you finished your roll of XP2 yet? Show us the shots of your new-old Yashica! :p

I'm err... not done with it yet. I do hope to have it finished by tomorrow. :eek: I know that pictures are what everyone is waiting for. All i hope for is that the pictures would not be out of focus. It's a new experience for me using an all manual camera after all. ;)

gc1 said:
I'm err... not done with it yet. I do hope to have it finished by tomorrow. :eek: I know that pictures are what everyone is waiting for. All i hope for is that the pictures would not be out of focus. It's a new experience for me using an all manual camera after all. ;)

Just take your time to get the feel of it. Have you planned for a second RF yet? The gray R2A/R3A look very tempting and I am fighting the urge to get one! You could also get PS on your computer to do some digital darkroom work as scanned negatives need some tweaking to bring out the best of the image. :D

Peter, u interested in the gray bessa? It's going to cost a bit more than the black body. I will be getting one if u want to tag on next month's order. Lemme know.

I will keep that in mind Terence! I am still trying to cook up an excuse to convince my wife about this highly irrational purchase! By the way, I have finally contacted the local gay community and I am going to document gay lifestyle of Singapore next week! Talking about exciting months ahead! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back