Some new photos from Fort Wayne

1-2-23-eaglemarsh-1.jpg

I photographed these trees on a foggy January morning at Eagle Marsh, a restored wetland on the western edge of Fort Wayne, Indiana. These trees grow on a narrow peninsula that juts out into the wetland on the south side of Engle Road, west of Smith Road.

This is the first of six landscape photographs that I made at Eagle Marsh on that foggy morning.

1-2-23

1-2-23-eaglemarsh-2.jpg

I photographed this scene on a foggy January morning at Eagle Marsh, a restored wetland on the western edge of Fort Wayne, Indiana. This is in the main part of Eagle Marsh, located on the south side of Engle Road, west of Smith Road.

This is the second of six landscape photographs that I made at Eagle Marsh on that foggy morning.

1-2-23

Lovely, Chris. For what it's worth, I prefer the 2nd photo at Eagle Marsh over the 3rd. I'm curious to hear which framing you prefer.

Lovely, Chris. For what it's worth, I prefer the 2nd photo at Eagle Marsh over the 3rd. I'm curious to hear which framing you prefer.

I haven't decided yet. I like both and keep going back and forth on which is best. There are three more photos from Eagle Marsh I have to post; they're different scenes, though. I think #6 is actually the very best!

I like the second one as well because it shows more of the fog around the distant treetops.

These photos are turning out well. At this time of year, around here as well, is that straw-colored vegetation that I’ve found horrible in my photos - they’re so overwhelming and “disheveled” in appearance.

Here, however, it looks good.

I like the second one as well because it shows more of the fog around the distant treetops.

These photos are turning out well. At this time of year, around here as well, is that straw-colored vegetation that I’ve found horrible in my photos - they’re so overwhelming and “disheveled” in appearance.

Here, however, it looks good.

I've struggled with that kind of vegetation too in other photos. It worked well to add a bit of color to these.

1-2-23-eaglemarsh-4.jpg

I photographed this scene on a foggy January morning at Eagle Marsh, a restored wetland on the western edge of Fort Wayne, Indiana. This is in the main part of Eagle Marsh, located on the south side of Engle Road, west of Smith Road.

This is the fourth of six landscape photographs that I made at Eagle Marsh on that foggy morning.

1-2-23

Hi Chris. Good to see that you’re still photographing Fort Wayne. Love the six landscapes & yea like you #6 is very nice.

Yeah, I'm still around. I haven't shot much this winter, I haven't been feeling well and this winter has been unusually nasty and cold up here in Indiana. I've been spending the time catching up on editing my huge backlog of old work I haven't finished. Its good to hear from you, I haven't seen you on RFF in a long time, I wondered how you were doing.

Haven’t loaded my camera in quite a while. Been busy working & taking care of my disabled wife. Got the itch to shoot again & trying to navigate this new site.

5-26-14-carlot.jpg

This used car lot is on Brooklyn Avenue, between Nuttman Avenue and Kinsmoor Avenue in Fort Wayne, Indiana. It was not in use when I photographed it in 2014, but it has been home to several small used car dealers over the years. As of 2023, it is called Compass Car Center.

I've always thought that the tiny building that serves as an office for the car lot was interesting. Why build such a small building elevated so high off the ground? The water tower behind it is owned by Fort Wayne's municipal water utility, and is still in use. The text on the side of the tank says "Fort Wayne. Founded on the rivers."

5-26-14

5-26-14-carlot.jpg

This used car lot

I've always thought that the tiny building that serves as an office for the car lot was interesting. Why build such a small building elevated so high off the ground? …

5-26-14
I think it is elevated so that the salesmen can remove their wading boots once they leave the lot and go inside…

2-23-23-eaglemarsh-1.jpg

Last Thursday morning, I made another series of landscape photographs at Eagle Marsh, the restored wetlands on the western edge of Fort Wayne. It was foggy that morning, as it was when I did the first series of photos there back in January.

This is on the east side of Smith Road, north of Engle Road in a part of the marsh that is just inside the city.

This is the first of several landscape photographs that I made at Eagle Marsh on that foggy morning.

2-23-23

2-23-23-eaglemarsh-2.jpg

I photographed this beaver lodge, reflected on the smooth glasslike surface of the water, on a foggy February morning at Eagle Marsh, a restored wetland on the western edge of Fort Wayne, Indiana. This is on the east side of Smith Road, north of Engle Road in a part of the marsh that is just inside the city. There are a lot of beaver lodges there, though I have not yet seen any of the beavers that built them.

This is the second of several landscape photographs that I made at Eagle Marsh on that foggy morning. It is also the first of two beaver lodges that I photographed there that morning.

2-23-23

Back