Street Photographer Mentor (s) Wanted

Yokosuka Mike, the same thoughts occured to me when i saw the start of this thread. RFF members as a whole
- don't like being pigeonholed into a genre.
- dislike the term street photography.
- cannot handle criticism or even critical comment, even when the express purpose of a thread is to invite critical appraisal.
- rail at the idea of mentors or 'betters'

There you go Erik! This said, the role of a 'mentor' on RFF is as clear as mud. Frank Jackson? Perhaps the owner would like to enlighten us. Cheers, OtL

Ned is certainly a great photographer and I follow him on Insta, but I though he left here because of some altercation?
Separately I propose LynnB. He's got great talent, is perceptive yet gentle with his criticism, and prolific. He has no end of street shots, not just waves and lagoons.

I remember Ned's photography which was really great but I remember as well his "difficult" character.

We need to keep RFF as a friendly place where different opinions and ideas can live toegether in a respectful way.

At least this is what I hope for ...

For sure LynnB can be an excellent mentor if he has time to do it...

I remember Ned's photography which was really great but I remember as well his "difficult" character.

We need to keep RFF as a friendly place where different opinions and ideas can live toegether in a respectful way.

At least this is what I hope for ...

For sure LynnB can be an excellent mentor if he has time to do it...

Exactly my thoughts. Ned is a brilliant street photographer, but perhaps the in-your-face-ness that this requires also makes him a less than ideal candidate. If he even wants.

And perhaps the change-over will occur in our lifetime.

If *I* were Colin, though, or Erik, I might have thrown up my hands, abandoned any notion of RFF mentoring.

Encouraging: that those here who practice street/candid photography keep the old Frank J threads (mostly, at least) from mere zombiefication, absent the moderating effect of a mentor.

Discouraging: this process of picking a mentor has become the can getting kicked down the road. In Super Slo Mo.

Hello. I am a documentary street photographer and photojournalist in Boulder Colorado and would be interested in helping out where I can. I've taught street photography workshops. Please let me know if you think I'd be a good fit and what it would entail. Thanks. https://KennethWajdaPhotographer.com is my site and http://ColoradoFaces.com is my street gallery.

I secondly nominate Mr. Wajda! His Youtube and the content on there is unmatched in both amount of videos and quality. I've learned alot from his channel. Plus he makes great pictures too!

Back