Street Photos - with your Leica X (all models)

dave lackey

Mentor
Local time
1:50 AM
Inspiration needed.

I have been looking at the L camera forum and I was surprised to see that Hartmut uses his X1 and V-Lux for street photos along with various other cameras for different uses. His work is really very good!:)

So now I am inspired to get busy with the X1 and shoot my interpretation of "street". My files have not been migrated from my old dying Dell computer hard drive, so I will work on that today and post later. But after years of using the X1, I am more interested in shooting a new series of street photos as a new project...

Please post your street photos with any model of Leica X camera so I may learn from you. This should be fun!

Found one on the new computer, not street per se, but one that is recent anyway...

Spring 2016 with Leica X1:
attachment.php

Attachments

• FINAL BW Walking among the Sakuras 2016 rff.jpg
    FINAL BW Walking among the Sakuras 2016 rff.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 0
No problem, Robert, I don't either ... But that is the whole purpose of this thread, providing an opportunity to use my X1 in a different way than before.

This will be a slow thread to get traction but it should be very interesting to watch it evolve.

Couple Sitting on the Square in Newnan:
attachment.php

Attachments

• FINAL Couple Sitting on Bench on Newnan Square rff.jpg
    FINAL Couple Sitting on Bench on Newnan Square rff.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 0
Okay, so these are not the street shots I am looking to do with the X1. But, while I await Hartmut and you folks, this will have to suffice.

Come on, you folks have 'em, post yours!

I hope to find a little time this week to walk the old town for a half hour or so to get some images of daily life on the square. It would be nice to get out.

Stay tuned...:p

Berlin Street 53

Berlin Street 53

Dave, here I am. It took a little bit time for complete my registration. I want to take part with some pictures. Critics and comments are welcome!

X1 / Berlin Street 53

Attachments

• Berlin Street53.jpg
    Berlin Street53.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 0
Dave, here I am. It took a little bit time for complete my registration. I want to take part with some pictures. Critics and comments are welcome!

X1 / Berlin Street 53

Welcome Hartmut!

You will find a friendly bunch here no matter what camera you are using! robertblu will be contacting you soon to say hello.

Nice photo!!! Now we're cooking!:angel:

Welcome Hartmut.
I too am a huge fan of this diminutive X1, although it's later relation the X-Vario has meant it has languished a bit. For travel, either is a perfect companion.

I thought I recognized the image Robert posted, so dug into my archives and found one from a similar area, I hope?

Either way, the X1, and especially with the 36mm optical finder and completely manual focus/exposure is as quick as anything out there. And the files, oh my goodness, the files.
Gary

Love these, Gary!! Thank you for posting.. We would love to see more!

And you are so right... once I got used to MF and stopping down, the X1 is so nice to use quickly! The files, yes the files! Great files as usual.:)

Hi, Helen!

I was hoping you would stop by! Thank you for posting your exquisite photos! You have become the inspiration I needed to change my shooting and I am now committed to shooting the X1 like a street shootin' maniac! Discreetly of course...:angel:

Totally agree Helen, fabulous.
In my shots I always used A/F, I mean that's why I bought a digital, right? And for 99% of the time the A/F is sound, and works as advertised, so the use of M/F is really just me having fun, not a necessity.

The camera I bought as we traveled out of NZ to Europe, on the first stop in Singapore. It was a flight of fancy I had, "gotta get one of these X1's". I even left a couple of decent digital's at home on the chance of getting the X1, and took only an M6, a couple of lenses, and some film. I figured I'd shoot Europe with film, and "maybe" use the X1. Then I realised I had to use it in "tourist mode" no finder, just the LCD, OMG, how could an old fart cope with that?

Turns out the M6 shot a roll and a half, and the X1, well about 1000 shots, virtually all of them DNG/and B&W JPEG, I simply loved the B&W output, straight from the camera.

You now have me wound up again to dig it out and use it some more.
Gary

Back