Street Photos - with your Leica X (all models)

Here are a few from a recently acquired Leica X2.
I really love this little camera :D

L9992457_Edit_Edit.jpg

L9992460_Edit.jpg

L9992454_Edit_Edit.jpg

L9992463_Edit_Edit.jpg

L9992461_Edit_Edit.jpg

Welcome Hartmut.
I too am a huge fan of this diminutive X1, although it's later relation the X-Vario has meant it has languished a bit. For travel, either is a perfect companion.

I thought I recognized the image Robert posted, so dug into my archives and found one from a similar area, I hope?

Either way, the X1, and especially with the 36mm optical finder and completely manual focus/exposure is as quick as anything out there. And the files, oh my goodness, the files.
Gary

Great! The world is not so large! It's the "Gallleria Vittorio Emanuele" in Milan!
robert

Wonderful colors in the beam me up photo Helen!!
Truly magical :)

Dang, I made it downtown and time was tight so I looked around for good light...not so good and it was after lunch so the cafe tables outside were empty as were the sidewalks. Must have been too hot.

I will try again later this week in the evening hours around 6-9pm when it is cooler. I am itching to shoot street with the X1 now! A whole different mindset.:angel:

Dang, I made it downtown and time was tight so I looked around for good light...not so good and it was after lunch so the cafe tables outside were empty as were the sidewalks. Must have been too hot.

I will try again later this week in the evening hours around 6-9pm when it is cooler. I am itching to shoot street with the X1 now! A whole different mindset.:angel:

How Dave? I mean, what set-up etc?

I used mine all in tourist mode, with the LCD, and A/F A/E, when in Europe.

But thinking it through more recently, I'd be planning to use the 36mm optical finder (or any 35mm finder, that would suffice).
Then I'd be setting an aperture that allowed me to zone focus, manually. And from there either completely manual exposure, so setting the shutter speed as well, or aperture priority. Not sure (can't remember) if the X1 allows manual setting of exposure with auto ISO, don't think it does, but that would be anther way.

Small, lightweight, easily concealed, and quick to use. A digital Barnack if ever there was.
Gary

How Dave? I mean, what set-up etc?

I used mine all in tourist mode, with the LCD, and A/F A/E, when in Europe.

But thinking it through more recently, I'd be planning to use the 36mm optical finder (or any 35mm finder, that would suffice).
Then I'd be setting an aperture that allowed me to zone focus, manually. And from there either completely manual exposure, so setting the shutter speed as well, or aperture priority. Not sure (can't remember) if the X1 allows manual setting of exposure with auto ISO, don't think it does, but that would be anther way.

Small, lightweight, easily concealed, and quick to use. A digital Barnack if ever there was.
Gary

Gary, yes, that is exactly the way I have it set up! With Aperture priority that gives me the scale focus I need. Very fast!

I hope to get a few tomorrow that I can post.

God luck then.

With an optical finder too?

I got one recently, and haven't really used it, it's nice, very nice in fact, but just adds a bit more "size" and is something else I have to remove each time I put the camera back into the case. It would be OK if I was walking about all day with it attached of course.
Gary

Thank You 'Macfiend'

I see we have both gone from 'big' digi's to the ease and lure of compact... wink,wink

I too Love the X2, X series cameras
Your Street shots though sad were strong in depicting the harsh realities of Life on the Street

Yes, I agree with Helen... Nicely done!

Since I now use scale distance on MF, I have developed a fast shooting setup that works for me. I hope to do as well as you.

Back