Super Angulon 3,4/21mm

Physically not possible (will be something hit inside) or just metering doesn't work (as in the case of Leica M6 or newer) ?

Yes, It is physically impossible, the lens can't be mounted on the body. The rear element is blocked by the shutter block. It does not even come close to the shutter.

Yes, It is physically impossible, the lens can't be mounted on the body. The rear element is blocked by the shutter block. It does not even come close to the shutter.

Interesting ! I had no problems mounting the SA on my Hexar RF (which I had only briefly). Metering didn't work (as in the case of the Leicas) but I could actually use the lens with the Hexar RF in manual mode.

anybody ever use a 21 on an m without an external finder, with or without success?

If you sort of squint edgewise all round the M6 finder and mentally add on a little bit it is not far off but it isn't a terribly practical solution. I forgot the finder the last time I took the lens out so that's what I did. I'm still on the steep bit of the learning curve and have problems remembering to look in the accessory finder not the main one then I forget that I can't see if anything is in focus or not. :bang:

2866655545_63a7db60e7_o.jpg

2867487154_3733620a92_o.jpg

Already posted in my S-A night thread:

- balloon seller;
2008_08_05_N1600_10.jpg

- street seller;
2008_08_05_N1600_20.jpg

- man and his bag;
2008_08_07_N1600_29.jpg

Shoot in the streets of Istanbul on Neopan 1600, developed in 510-Pyro, scanned with Coolscan 5000.

Something different. SA21/3.4 + R-D1s.

2873281144_a4c277a269.jpg

No post-production needed. Just a little bit of over-exposure and it's like this. I don't understand why it behaves so differently on film and on a digital body, but I'm enjoying this.

2873281154_65c964c3d2.jpg

Sick blooming.

21 super angulon f3,4

21 super angulon f3,4

i got interested in this lens after seeing photos from jan, ned, maddoc and others in the forum. flickr searching did the rest of the convincing to buy one. the "look", as you've all said, is easily recognizable and very pleasing to my eye.

it's off to fotomechanik-reinhardt (hannover) for CLA right now, and the mounting flange will go to milich in new york for 6-bit coding.

the first few test shots on the m8 went pretty well with 3 stop compensation, but i don't know if that will be a good overall solution.

can't wait to get all the parts back together again.

cheers

rick

sorry, forgot to mention that i found a 28mm ricoh mini viewfinder (made by voigtlander) here in the forum. small, bright, perfect for my purposes, and not too bulky on top of the m8.

:) rick

can any one tell how many of these lense are produced in total. I have two one chrome early edition and one black very late edition both are superb but black is slightly better.
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE DISTORTION CHART FOR THIS LENS.

the thing about 21 3/4 sa is it Stamps a Watermark on ur pictures and it reads: SUPERANGULON

Saw some of Tom A's posting, so yes an old thread. But thanks for reviving it. Like others have posted I moved away from my SA 3.4 & 4 (sold them and bought many others) and have come back after decades to realize how great they are.

These were all shot with my first copy, a chrome 3.4 I bought in the late 60’s. These were shot in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

I sold my first one and picked up a non asph Elmarit 21 but never warmed up to it and wound up selling it and getting a later black 3.4.

They’re stellar lenses even today.

Attachments

• petros kids 27.jpeg
    petros kids 27.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 12
  • petros kids 18.jpeg
    petros kids 18.jpeg
    296.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Street BW 156.jpeg
    Street BW 156.jpeg
    218 KB · Views: 10
  • Street BW 127.jpeg