Terry Richardson gets Weinsteined

These big magazines enabled him and gave him power. I've read countless stories over the years about the way he assaulted girls and how his assistants facilitated this behavior.

Here are a couple of articles about his relationship with W magazine. I believe they were a little less forgiving of Terry Richardson, but still worked with him off and on. I remember reading that they were one of the few that didn't like Richardson, but I'm having trouble finding an article to that effect.
https://www.popsugar.com/fashion/W-Experiences-Last-Staffing-Upheaval-Terry-Richardson-Back-Working-Magazine-8836260
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/w-magazine-says-no-plans-to-work-with-terry-richardson?utm_term=.eyZ0EVJPwg#.yw8lgQ3A78

All of these industry-types and elite actors (in the case of Weinstein) are clearly full of it, speaking as though they had no idea what was going on. They're all rotten and would have allowed it to go on forever had this information never reached the mainstream.

This story is becoming really viral ..

"SNAPPER EXPOSED Photographer Terry Richardson ‘makes Harvey Weinstein look like Bambi’ according to insider — after being accused of sexually exploiting models"

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT in typical Sun fashion.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4759377/terry-richardson-makes-harvey-weinstein-look-like-bambi/

So, when Terry decides to write his "tell all" book, what kind of money do you think he will get?

My god he's a creep!:eek:

edit .... and I meant to add it's somewhat disconcerting that many of the celebs seem comfortable with his level of creepiness!

It has taken a long time, but these fashion industry leaders are only protecting their purse by cutting Richardson.
They don't care what TR got up to, and always will, he's a protected predator.
He has a lot of contacts up the ladder that are no different and have the mentality that they can do whatever they wish.
So i'll call BS on everyone "dropping" him.
$$$$$$$ is all they want.

Sort of OT, but figure the art photographers here read Artforum..

Artforum co-publisher groped, sexually harassed subordinate: suit

US News Aggregator

The co-publisher of the influential magazine Artforum groped a former employee and bombarded her with sexual harassment for years, a new lawsuit charges.

"Amanda Schmitt’s lawsuit against Knight Landesman, 67, was filed Wednesday in Manhattan Supreme Court, one day after Artforum announced the titan in the art advertising world would seek therapy. After initially signaling the magazine would stand by Landesman, its co-publishers changed course Wednesday and said they had accepted his resignation."

More:
http://usnewsaggregator.com/artforum-co-publisher-groped-sexually-harassed-subordinate-suit/

x

It has taken a long time, but these fashion industry leaders are only protecting their purse by cutting Richardson.
They don't care what TR got up to, and always will, he's a protected predator.
He has a lot of contacts up the ladder that are no different and have the mentality that they can do whatever they wish.
So i'll call BS on everyone "dropping" him.
$$$$$$$ is all they want

Absolutely.

The immediate reaction and subsequent response of these companies and clients are so telling in situations like this. These 'open secrets' are vile absurdities, with 'X' refusing to acknowledge the truth about 'Y' simply in order to maintain or accrue some form of benefit, obviously money in nearly every case. Although, admittedly, deniability can be its own reward at times and in some situations.

There really is no hiding from the fact that these clients/companies knew exactly what Terry was doing, Terry himself doesn't appear to think he should have any reason to hide what was going on. So they've seen Hollywood (potentially) suffer a sea change and realise they could lose out financially if they aren't seen to be as shocked and disgusted as everyone else.

It's just more marketing and PR maneuvering really isn't it. More marketing leaving us all feeling slightly icky, manipulated and used....but not as icky, manipulated and used as those who've been made to crouch in front of Uncle Terry.

I'm glad his time is up, I'm disheartened he ever had his time at all.

Absolutely.

The immediate reaction and subsequent response of these companies and clients are so telling in situations like this. These 'open secrets' are vile absurdities, with 'X' refusing to acknowledge the truth about 'Y' simply in order to maintain or accrue some form of benefit, obviously money in nearly every case. Although, admittedly, deniability can be its own reward at times and in some situations.

There really is no hiding from the fact that these clients/companies knew exactly what Terry was doing, Terry himself doesn't appear to think he should have any reason to hide what was going on. So they've seen Hollywood (potentially) suffer a sea change and realise they could lose out financially if they aren't seen to be as shocked and disgusted as everyone else.

It's just more marketing and PR maneuvering really isn't it. More marketing leaving us all feeling slightly icky, manipulated and used....but not as icky, manipulated and used as those who've been made to crouch in front of Uncle Terry.

100% agree.
It's all about money. Sex and power, so sad.
robert

Sex, Power , Money...
now suddenly these girls ~ women lives matter... Doubtful.
As mentioned above it's now about PR and saving the face of the Companies and the People that knew but turned a blind eye.

Will this story... the Weinstein -Cosby-Richardson, make change for the Better... doubt it
Though 'awareness' is a good thing
It's Life, the ugly side of human nature. A Wheel of Life turning round, Life's ups & downs.
We still have Wars, Famine, Rape, Genocide ...

I'm not a pessimist, just look at history . Have we learned our lessons ?

With the recent mass shooting in Nevada and all the major press coverage
Has it moved the American public to say enough is enough... go after the politicians, gun makers and force gun reform...NO

Soon this story will fade and the public will chase the next outrage...
Give it's few minutes of disgust and then unto the next story

Sad but True.

Sort of OT, but figure the art photographers here read Artforum..

Artforum co-publisher groped, sexually harassed subordinate: suit

US News Aggregator

The co-publisher of the influential magazine Artforum groped a former employee and bombarded her with sexual harassment for years, a new lawsuit charges.

"Amanda Schmitt’s lawsuit against Knight Landesman, 67, was filed Wednesday in Manhattan Supreme Court, one day after Artforum announced the titan in the art advertising world would seek therapy. After initially signaling the magazine would stand by Landesman, its co-publishers changed course Wednesday and said they had accepted his resignation."

More:
http://usnewsaggregator.com/artforum-co-publisher-groped-sexually-harassed-subordinate-suit/

x

PKR,

Back in the early eighties I was mentioned in Art Forum alongside Lewis W. Hines for photo credits in a review of Ed McGowin's show "Inscapes" at Max Hutchenson Gallery in SoHo on West Broadway. At that time "Neo Expressionism" was being hyped in these art journals.

On West Broadway was a woman art dealer who kinda had a "stable" of young good looking up and coming artists. This woman was rather attractive and the word on the street is that she basically ran her own kinda stud farm out of her artists.

Anyways I did not want to exploit myself, nor be exploited and controled in that manner, but the opportunities to sleep my way to the top were very there.

Meanwhile I decided back then to maintain a day job so I didn't have to "sell myself."

How many people are Ho's that sell themselves. Fashion, art world, publishing, acting, movies, music industry??? Sometimes talent means nothing, and you can remain under the radar for decades.

The above are closed societies.

Cal

I'm not so sure his time is up. Maybe as a fashion photographer, but there are many in that business who think what he was doing wasn't so bad.

Wait for THE BOOK, then THE FEATURE FILM, maybe the TV Drama, in many episodes. Terry knows how to monetize his name. Think of all the compromising photos he must have of models and famous music/media people. Remember, Terry was picked to do a presidential photo of Obama.

We may even see Harvey Weinstein producing the film.

I don't think we've heard the end of Uncle Terry.

How many people are Ho's that sell themselves. Fashion, art world, publishing, acting, movies, music industry??? Sometimes talent means nothing, and you can remain under the radar for decades.

The above are closed societies.

Cal

Its not just people getting ahead through sex. Nepotism is a big problem in the creative world, too. One of the articles I saw about Richardson said that his father was also a fashion photographer who was friends with celebrities like Jimmy Hendrix. That is how Terry got access to high-paid jobs for major publishers. Daddy's influence.

I've seen this so often even out here in Fort Waste. People of shallow intellect and little talent getting jobs because their parents are wealthy or had pull.

I've never made any real money in Fort Wayne; all of my own income is from people outside Indiana. I have not sold a print here in a decade, yet I sell prints every week to people in other states and other countries. I have not done any commercial work since returning to Ft.Wayne at the beginning of 2008, but when I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico, I made very good money doing product photography.

Why can't I make money in my hometown if I did so well as a commercial shooter in Santa Fe and I still sell lots of prints to people outside Indiana today? Because I am "white trash." I was the 6th person in my family's history to graduate from high school. I've had people here tell me to my face that I would never be allowed to make a living as a photographer here because of my lower-class origin. If it were not for my son, I would NEVER have come back here.

Its not just people getting ahead through sex. Nepotism is a big problem in the creative world, too. One of the articles I saw about Richardson said that his father was also a fashion photographer who was friends with celebrities like Jimmy Hendrix. That is how Terry got access to high-paid jobs for major publishers. Daddy's influence.

I've seen this so often even out here in Fort Waste. People of shallow intellect and little talent getting jobs because their parents are wealthy or had pull.

I've never made any real money in Fort Wayne; all of my own income is from people outside Indiana. I have not sold a print here in a decade, yet I sell prints every week to people in other states and other countries. I have not done any commercial work since returning to Ft.Wayne at the beginning of 2008, but when I lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico, I made very good money doing product photography.

Why can't I make money in my hometown if I did so well as a commercial shooter in Santa Fe and I still sell lots of prints to people outside Indiana today? Because I am "white trash." I was the 6th person in my family's history to graduate from high school. I've had people here tell me to my face that I would never be allowed to make a living as a photographer here because of my lower-class origin. If it were not for my son, I would NEVER have come back here.

Chris,

Know too I have humble beginnings. For me I knew poverty in my home growing up, although now I am no longer poor and now enjoy luxuries. To me poverty is the worse abuse because it is constant.

I appreciate your struggle. I know what it required to stand up by yourself and for yourself. Nepotism and all the crony action is another oppressor. I know you have been struggling a long time as an artist and it has its consequences.

I made a decision a long time ago to get a day-job to take care of myself. My friends who struggled in the art world did alright when they were young and had good health, but eventually they got wore down and either had to quit or suffer the consequences.

Really I'm not bitter, but I am mighty proud of my self-respect, my morality, and the thoughtful choices I made.

All the best with love,

Cal

And why is all this a surprise..?
It's nothing new..and it ain't gonna change any time soon..
You either toe the line.. sexually that is.. in competitive artistic career fields or find another occupation..
Its the same for most of the world's population too ..or way worse...and this population is only getting more bloated with every passing year..and the problems are only going to amplify as the gap between the haves..and have nots..grows...
The only thing that will solve this is..are ya all ready for it...lol...
A comet..hits the planet..and then its..game over problem solved...lol..

And why is all this a surprise..?
It's nothing new..and it ain't gonna change any time soon..
You either toe the line.. sexually that is.. in competitive artistic career fields or find another occupation..
Its the same for most of the world's population too ..or way worse...and this population is only getting more bloated with every passing year..and the problems are only going to amplify as the gap between the haves..and have nots..grows...
The only thing that will solve this is..are ya all ready for it...lol...
A comet..hits the planet..and then its..game over problem solved...lol..

Emile,

No surprise to me. I knew this decades ago.

I went to art school, I got a masters, and then a MFA, but I have always worked a day-job. No illusions.

I do think the sexual abuse, nepotism, and crony winners take all is worse than ever and correlates to the concentration of both wealth and power that we know today.

I also understand my privilege: there are over 65 million people who are refugees in the world that are displaced; there are wars; there people today that are suffering from climate change. I kinda have more than my fare share. If I think of a place like Somalia, climate change has made a drought, created a war, and created a refugee crisis. Then there is Syria. No shortage of suffering.

Even in the U.S. I would be considered the "protected class." 2/3rds of Americans don't have or will not be able to retire, but I will... One analyst defines the Protected Class as those in the top 20% of household incomes. If bad things happen it has little impact on the Protected Class, but a major impact on the remaining 80%. I may not be the 1%, but I'm within the Protected Class.

Cal

Yeah Cal..
I grew up in NYC too..and experienced some of what you describe from jr high on..but thankfully not some of the completely bad stuff some close friends experienced that have left real damage emotionally that can never be healed..
I would have to say..until a certain level of development has occurred with humanity..and the alleviation of loneliness..this will be an ongoing problem..with no real solution available..
Best to be happy if you can with what ya have in life ..and what ya do..as there are a lot of way worse ways to complete 1 human life cycle..
And..the next time..may be a lot worse..if you are into that kind of thing..

Back