Terry Richardson gets Weinsteined

I do think the sexual abuse, nepotism, and cronie winners take all is worse than ever and correlates to the concentration of both wealth and power that we know today.
I would have to say..until a certain level of development has occurred with humanity..and the alleviation of loneliness..this will be an ongoing problem..with no real solution available..
Best to be happy if you can with what ya have in life ..and what ya do..as there are a lot of way worse ways to complete 1 human life cycle..
And..the next time..may be a lot worse..if you are into that kind of thing..
It's a large machine handling things above...

Since last week I've had too much thoughts on some things of the past around the time I finished HS and chose my path. I've also had exposure to things that just get you reflecting.
The last couple months have been quite nice and took some steps to free up a bit. I've always been a realist but it equates pessimism on others it seems.
When Dad talks (and I remember) of things 15 years ago, there's been a dive; Without the sugarcoating layer of being a kid and not quite understanding.

I'm amused when people tell me I should be in the show biz. I am quite creative with bouts of madness but didn't ever think about heading that way academically; it's better to have a foothold into a day job type of solidity. Now, that's even trembling. Our generation is much more exposed (I am at least) to the gig economy. I'm a bit resistant to the 9-5 culture, so if there's a crack to get into something entetraining I may get in.
There's a bit of feel of betrayal. You keep climbing levels like a game, but at the end the supposed trophy isn't there!

Interesting you mention loneliness. I've experienced "bouts of retirement" where work/studies were idle. It's been quite positive to me as I stayed active, but at times it is scary to see how everyone is submerged into a rutine and their duties -- it is quiet and can get lonely indeed.

It's a large machine handling things above...

Since last week I've had too much thoughts on some things of the past around the time I finished HS and chose my path. I've also had exposure to things that just get you reflecting.
The last couple months have been quite nice and took some steps to free up a bit. I've always been a realist but it equates pessimism on others it seems.
When Dad talks (and I remember) of things 15 years ago, there's been a dive; Without the sugarcoating layer of being a kid and not quite understanding.

I'm amused when people tell me I should be in the show biz. I am quite creative with bouts of madness but didn't ever think about heading that way academically; it's better to have a foothold into a day job type of solidity. Now, that's even trembling. Our generation is much more exposed (I am at least) to the gig economy. I'm a bit resistant to the 9-5 culture, so if there's a crack to get into something entetraining I may get in.
There's a bit of feel of betrayal. You keep climbing levels like a game, but at the end the supposed trophy isn't there!

Interesting you mention loneliness. I've experienced "bouts of retirement" where work/studies were idle. It's been quite positive to me as I stayed active, but at times it is scary to see how everyone is submerged into a rutine and their duties -- it is quiet and can get lonely indeed.

P,

I do feel guilt as a baby boomer because I feel the opportunities and means of escaping poverty seem diminished for younger people, none the less a sustainable future. I do feel that it is unfair, and that baby boomers like me have had more than our fair share. We (baby boomers) enjoyed the prosperity after WWII.

I know the men that are considered the greatest generation, fought and died for the prosperity that I enjoyed.

Know that I feel obligated to be kind and helpful, it is the least I can do, but it annoys me of all the privilage and entitlement I see around me, particularly here in NYC where I do not have to look very far to see disparity, abandonment, and institutionalized neglect. I wish I see more thoughfulness without too many people living within a selfish bubble.

I describe my own loneliness... You are not alone. I think of you and others. I feel the suffering of others greatly and I am deeply effected and saddened.

Sorry for all my ranting, but I needed to empty myself.

Cal

Another one..

i-D magazine, one of the world’s most influential fashion and style magazines, has ended its professional relationship with controversial photographer Terry Richardson, The Daily Beast has learned. The British-based magazine, founded in 1980 and famed for its ‘single-eye closed’ covers, has no plans to work with Richardson again, a magazine source indicated.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/i-d-magazine-wont-work-with-terry-richardson-again

Bob Richardson

"Robert George "Bob" Richardson (January 3, 1928 – December 5, 2005) was an American fashion photographer.[1] Richardson was born in Long Island, New York, to an Irish Catholic family.[1] Originally a graphic designer in New York City, Richardson did not pick up a camera until age 35.[citation needed] His rise to fashion fame was swift, although not without some battle on his part:

“ I wanted to put reality in my photographs. Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. That's what was happening. And I was going to help make it happen. Boy they did not want that in America. Some of those editors were still wearing white gloves to couture.[2] ”

Richardson developed a reputation for being very difficult to work with. He brought his personal life, which was tumultuous, into his art. He battled with bouts of schizophrenia throughout his life. After making it to the top of the often catty and vicious world of fashion, getting paid up to $15,000 for a single image, he succumbed to his illness and ended up homeless on the streets of San Francisco. In 1989, an art historian researching fashion photography tracked Richardson down living in a flophouse, opening the door to Richardson's reestablishing contact with his son and eventually returning to New York City, where with the help of Richard Avedon and Steven Meisel, he was able to obtain teaching positions at International Center for Photography and the School of Visual Arts.[2] Richardson restarted his career in his sixties, once again working for such magazines as Italian Vogue and British GQ.

He was the father of photographer Terry Richardson."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Richardson_(photographer)

I thought this was a joke when I read the headline..

"Amazon Has a Book on ‘How to Seduce Women Through Photography’

PetaPixel

Famous photographer Terry Richardson was just banned by top fashion magazines this week after years of being accused of sexual harassment by models. Now there’s a book being sold on Amazon that photographers are speaking out about. It’s titled: An Introduction to Camera Game: How to Seduce Women Through Photography."

https://petapixel.com/2017/10/28/amazon-book-seduce-women-photography/

I had an acquitance whose purpose is attract women with photography.

Went to a kind of session Got some interesting shots but spent too much of an evening and left. Next word I got is that the guy did something with the model. Borderline "consensual" but for what I perceived during shooting, surely was induced towards that.

We've got a friend in common who got into photography. Thankfully he abandoned the idea of Photography->women and just enjoys the art as it is, and not as a way to do other things.
There's a term for it, "Guys with cameras".
Maybe it's my age bracket (20s), but it seems that photography as a way of attraction is rather common. Or just that the guys I know are creeps (that too).

I just mind my own business.

I had an acquitance whose purpose is attract women with photography.

Went to a kind of session Got some interesting shots but spent too much of an evening and left. Next word I got is that the guy did something with the model. Borderline "consensual" but for what I perceived during shooting, surely was induced towards that.

We've got a friend in common who got into photography. Thankfully he abandoned the idea of Photography->women and just enjoys the art as it is, and not as a way to do other things.
There's a term for it, "Guys with cameras".
Maybe it's my age bracket (20s), but it seems that photography as a way of attraction is rather common. Or just that the guys I know are creeps (that too).

I just mind my own business.

In college, being an artist, Photo Editor, and Darkroom Manager, I had many women use modeling as a way to try and seduce me.

This is where, "Are you gay?" was begun to said a few times to me by frustrated women who wanted to bed me down.

I will take ownership that at time I allowed myself to be taken advantage of and exploited by these women in a role reversal.

How do we repectfully deal with human instinct? It is not always men preying on women.

Also when is it ever appropriate to take advantage of another person? Even when a woman approached me to photograph her nude, and opened up herself to being vulnerable, even though her motive was to seduce me to her liking, it still was wrong for me to have sex with her.

Cal

After reading some of the links and the posts in this thread, it makes me glad that my photography idols were of the photojournalism variety. When I was just starting out as a fulltime photographer in the Florida Panhandle, I did a lot of portrait shoots for local real estate agents, mostly women. I never even thought about making a pass or sexual advance at these women. I guess it comes from being raised in the South where my momma taught me to respect the fairer sex! It has held me in good stead as my wife and I just celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary!
I hope this guy (who I have no knowledge of before this thread) gets his comeuppance!

In college, being an artist, Photo Editor, and Darkroom Manager, I had many women use modeling as a way to try and seduce me.

This is where, "Are you gay?" was begun to said a few times to me by frustrated women who wanted to bed me down.

I will take ownership that at time I allowed myself to be taken advantage of and exploited by these women in a role reversal.

How do we repectfully deal with human instinct? It is not always men preying on women.

Also when is it ever appropriate to take advantage of another person? Even when a woman approached me to photograph her nude, and opened up herself to being vulnerable, even though her motive was to seduce me to her liking, it still was wrong for me to have sex with her.

Cal
Is your real name Walter Mitty?

After reading some of the links and the posts in this thread, it makes me glad that my photography idols were of the photojournalism variety. When I was just starting out as a fulltime photographer in the Florida Panhandle, I did a lot of portrait shoots for local real estate agents, mostly women. I never even thought about making a pass or sexual advance at these women. I guess it comes from being raised in the South where my momma taught me to respect the fairer sex! It has held me in good stead as my wife and I just celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary!
I hope this guy (who I have no knowledge of before this thread) gets his comeuppance!

SG,

I always admire good southern manners.

My worry is that all these reports of harassment, disrespect and abuse of power do not hit a point where people numb out due to oversaturation and overexposure.

This bad behavior needs to stop, and someone needs to be punished severely.

Am I wrong to say that Brad Pitt would have done the right thing by kinking in Weinstein's butt way back when? In the past this would of been a sign of being civil and in my book being polite.

Cal

My reputation as a ladies' man was a joke that caused me to laugh bitterly through the ten thousand nights I spent alone.

― Leonard Cohen

52060.jpg

Yep. Unfortunately a lot of the girls are seeking fame and the dollars.

...there is a line-up of young girls ready to jump on the train...

This phrasing makes it sound like the girls are either co-conspirators or worse. They're not. They're on the wrong end of an abusive power dynamic.

...Sexual harassment was, is and always will be there...

And this makes it sound like the problem is a physical law of nature, like gravity, that one has to stoically accept rather than a human behavior which we have all the power to do something about. I don't think it was your intention, but this post sounds like part of the problem, frankly.

Last edited:
This phrasing makes it sound like the girls are either co-conspirators or worse. They're not. They're on the wrong end of an abusive power dynamic.

And this makes it sound like the problem is a physical law of nature, like gravity, that one has to stoically accept rather than a human behavior which we have all the power to do something about. I don't think it was your intention, but this post sounds like part of the problem, frankly.

+100000000

Precisely. Between society and the law we have the ability to change.

Back