The Final Essence...

With this picture I'm reminded of a Fran Liebowitz' comment "The thing I hate most about nature is the overhead lighting."

51083610048_132c47a4f1_o.jpg

HP5-Plus cooked in Rodinal
Ikonta 531A

I like this. Very nice pic.

Arcadia, Los Angeles County 2021

images by Taipei-metro

mFTLumix G6,
Zuiko14-42 (#1,3), Nikon Nikkor 28mmF2.8 (#2/ 56mm 相當)
Sony 32gb c10 card made in Taiwan

My final essence. Shadows, shapes, colors and light

Waterwall and abstract 2 by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Thank you Peter, and likewise (not just reciprocating! I appreciate your feedback. I liked it as one does becoming attached as we process an image but was unsure that anyone would see anything in it.

Yours though has the depth of a block print and you nailed the color!

Cheers,
David

http:///p/2kUoGtZ

Arcadia, Los Angeles County 2021

images by Taipei-metro

mFTLumix G6,
Zuiko14-42 (#1,3), Nikon Nikkor 28mmF2.8 (#2/ 56mm 相當)
Sony 32gb c10 card made in Taiwan

Taipei-Metro,

I like this one, and the first one. Posting as you have here, just three as a triptych made it easy for me to appreciate. More than three and I get saturated quickly. :)

David

Taipei Metro and Mike (Greyscale)- Very nice triptychs

Paulfish, I agree the crop focuses the viewers attention better..scary! :)

David

Thank you Peter, and likewise (not just reciprocating! I appreciate your feedback. I liked it as one does becoming attached as we process an image but was unsure that anyone would see anything in it.

Yours though has the depth of a block print and you nailed the color!

Cheers,
David

Thanks DWF. I really like your photo as you got it all right - perspective, composition - especially how you concentrated attention on the reflection not the "real" pier. Most photographers would have been tempted to try to get both in. Yours is a better way of doing it. I have some that this one sort of reminds me of taken in an urban setting. Especially the first one below which has the same wavy characteristic. Interestingly all of these including the one I posted previously were shot in Melbourne, most likely on the same trip. I must have been going through a phase back then. :)

Waves by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

This one a bit less so but it aims for the same - to entrance with reflections that force the viewer to think and interpret what is going on.

The power of blue by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Thanks DWF. I really like your photo as you got it all right - perspective, composition - especially how you concentrated attention on the reflection not the "real" pier. Most photographers would have been tempted to try to get both in. Yours is a better way of doing it. I have some that this one sort of reminds me of taken in an urban setting. Especially the first one below which has the same wavy characteristic. Interestingly all of these including the one I posted previously were shot in Melbourne, most likely on the same trip. I must have been going through a phase back then. :)

Waves by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

This one a bit less so but it aims for the same - to entrance with reflections that force the viewer to think and interpret what is going on.

The power of blue by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

I like both of these Peter, and yes the focus is more on overall form and less the representational aspect, a pier, a window set on a building, but more how they contribute to the "bigger picture" For me it's why I post those here in "Final Essence" And as I recall you mentioned earlier Final Essence can also be linked more to the decisive moment aspect of shooting.

For me, this one below sort of falls that way. These two were sitting near where my friend and I were having a drink after making our way into town from SFO. She recognized my distraction at wanting to get the camera out and capture a moment. Knowing with the low light, there would be movement just added to my enthusiasm :)

51038313917_17346af8d4_o.jpg

Cheers,
David

I like both of these Peter, and yes the focus is more on overall form and less the representational aspect, a pier, a window set on a building, but more how they contribute to the "bigger picture" For me it's why I post those here in "Final Essence" And as I recall you mentioned earlier Final Essence can also be linked more to the decisive moment aspect of shooting.

For me, this one below sort of falls that way. These two were sitting near where my friend and I were having a drink after making our way into town from SFO. She recognized my distraction at wanting to get the camera out and capture a moment. Knowing with the low light, there would be movement just added to my enthusiasm :)

Cheers,
David

Thanks DwF. I like photos which allow movement to occur too. Including yours. The thing is blur can turn an image (which occurs in a moment of time) into a kind of narrative by implying a bigger story about what is going on. Here is one I made a few years ago in Melbourne. I used a slow shutter speed in a darkened alley to emphasise movement. I agree this kind of approach helps capture the essence of the moment.

City Life, City Night, City Lane by Life in Shadows, on Flickr

Yes^^^ you certainly caught it Peter, especially in the expression on the subject closest :)

David

Back