The Last New DSLR? Would you believe the Pentax KF?

I have a Mark 1 and bought it instead of a Mark 2 since the changes were small and not important to me. I have been very happy with the results.

I know a few photographers that prefer the Mark 1 over the 2 because the newer model has a different noise reduction program, that can't be turned off when not wanted. For example, when shooting night scenes with stars/Milky Way etc. The NR in the Mark 2 will "erase" the stars and there's no way to stop it.

I know a few photographers that prefer the Mark 1 over the 2 because the newer model has a different noise reduction program, that can't be turned off when not wanted. For example, when shooting night scenes with stars/Milky Way etc. The NR in the Mark 2 will "erase" the stars and there's no way to stop it.
I've also read a fair number of photographers who say there's not a real difference and that they're just as pleased with the Mk II images for astrophotography.

I've also read a fair number of photographers who say there's not a real difference and that they're just as pleased with the Mk II images for astrophotography.
Interesting! It could be one of those things that is overblown on the internet but not even noticeable in normal usage.

Sounds like I will be shooting Pentax in the future. EVF are not fast enough for talking a street shot in a second.
There isn't an EVF on the planet that operates at the speed of light

I'm really dreading the EVF future unless they start to seriously crank up the fps /refrehs rate and add things like double buffering etc

I doubt this will be the last. The DSLR market is not dying that quickly, optical viewfinders beat the crap out of anything electronic

I bought the K3-iii last year and sales were very good. That camera doesn't stop surprising me.

I'm waiting for the K1-iii which should come later this year

To me, the DSLR pinnacle is likely the Nikon D850.
I would buy one except I have a D800E which, for my purposes, I cannot fault.

Pinnacle, perhaps but I would not invest $2,796 in dead-end tech. Cheers, OtL
Dead end tech which probably has every lens which you could want? Okay. People always want to be sold a new camera. Could we ever consider buying and using the same camera for long enough to get our money's worth? Consumerism, it's rough.

Meh, typical internet, gearheads wisdom. *Last DSLR*.
Meanwhile I see more dslrs in real life than mirrorless. And it is with young ones.
KF is tempting due to my initials, but I will try to get one of the crop single K models. It is cheapest true weather sealed kit available on used market.
I think the experience of the OP of the thread pre-dates mainstream internet use by decades. A little more respect could be shown here. He could be right that it is the last DSLR. He might not be. But for now, it is the last.

Sounds like I will be shooting Pentax in the future. EVF are not fast enough for talking a street shot in a second.
There isn't an EVF on the planet that operates at the speed of light

I'm really dreading the EVF future unless they start to seriously crank up the fps /refrehs rate and add things like double buffering etc
I think you have not experience a good EVF because it certainly is fast enough for street photography.

I doubt this will be the last. The DSLR market is not dying that quickly, optical viewfinders beat the crap out of anything electronic

I bought the K3-iii last year and sales were very good. That camera doesn't stop surprising me.

I'm waiting for the K1-iii which should come later this year
Should come out later this year, according to... what timeline? Ricoh does not move at a regular cadence, they move on a feature and tech cadence and that can be hard to predict. I think it's still a ways out.

I was quite happy with my D700 until it lunched its shutter. They were the ultimate prosumer dslr when they came out in my opinion.

Sorry, I share my honest opinion as is. Lectrure someone else.

Defacto it is not last but latest DSLR.

Back