The Nokton 50/1.1 Revisited

Sony A7II, Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 Nokton VM lens
Nihon Odori Avenue - Yokohama, Japan

DSC00148.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

I have been thinking about this lens for a couple years and finally bit the bullet and ordered one from The Photo Village. They seem to have almost a continuous supply of used one's listed for $680 to $745.

I also have the latest version of the 50 Summicron so I will be giving the two a good comparison but from rereading this thread, it seems to be almost as good as the standard 50 Summicron.

I purchased a mint MP240 in January so am excited to see how it works on the new digital. Honestly, I purchased it for my daughter's wedding at the end of May. I also have the first version of the 35f1.2 so I think I am covered.

Guys, Can some confirm if the updated the f1.1 Nokton. If so, is it just a cosmetic change?

Afaik the Nokton 50mm f/1.1 is never updated. It is a great lens and has four advantages over the Leica Noctilux f/1: much sharper, no vignetting, much lighter weight and a much lower price.

Announced by Cosina is a 50mm f/1.2 aspherical lens (not an update of the 50mm f/1.1 lens wich is not an aspherical lens).

Erik.

I have so much affection for the Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.1 lens; it's a dream come true for capturing dreams coming true.

DSC03859.JPG

DSC03870.JPG

DSC03871.JPG

DSC03892.JPG

DSC08316.JPG

DSC05629.JPG

DSC00069.JPG

DSC00075.JPG

DSC00064.JPG

When the weather turns bad, the skies turn grey, the mood becomes foul... it's time to break out the 50mm f1.1 and seize the day!

Afaik the Nokton 50mm f/1.1 is never updated. It is a great lens and has four advantages over the Leica Noctilux f/1: much sharper, no vignetting, much lighter weight and a much lower price.

Announced by Cosina is a 50mm f/1.2 aspherical lens (not an update of the 50mm f/1.1 lens wich is not an aspherical lens).

Erik.

Robert White is advertising a new improved Nockton f/1.1.

https://www.robertwhite.co.uk/optics/lens-mounts/leica-m/voigtlander-50mm-f1-1-vm-nokton-lens.html

There is no new Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 Nokton VM lens.

What are you talking about?

All the best,
Mike

Hi Mike

I don`t know …. just read the thread about is there or is there not (post 85) and decided to look for myself only to see Robert White describing a new improved Nockton as per attached link.

Clearly this fails to clarify the issue.

Michael

A suggestion for those of you that are fighting the slippery focus ring, wrap a medium size rubber band around it. This provides s different tactile feel when moving from the aperture ring and solves the "slippery" problem

the slippery focus ring

The mountains on the "mountain and valley focus ring" of many Voigtländer lenses are knurled and the valleys are smooth. I think the ring would be better if the valleys were knurled and the mountains smooth, the reverse. After all, in the valleys the fingers push most.

Erik.

Back