the world wants to know!?

there you have it I broke down on a A7 demo model the weekend at a really good price. if the m adapter arrives, i ll be ready to go

I hope you are getting the VM Close Focus Adapter. You can get really close with some of the lenses - just put a 12mm 5.6 Heliar on the 7 today - with the close focus. Tomorrow is evidently going to be a lousy weather day - so experimenting is in oder.

12472967473_08499aa3b2_c.jpg
It is interesting how easy it is to switch between colour and bl/w with digital cameras. Before you had to carry two bodies or something like a Hasselblad wit extra backs!
This is with the Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f1.5 SC and the VM Close-Up adapter engaged. It is like a "dual range" 35 mm lens! The finder of the Sony 7 works well - but if you stop down a bit with a wide-angle, the focus indicator red lines are all over the place.

12493260934_2e52f25edb_c.jpg

Tequila sniffing my shoes - faint hope that they are edible! Sony 7 and Voigtlander Nokton 40mm f1.4 MC version. The black and white function on the 7 works very well, this was in very flat grey light. The 40f1,4 is one of my favourite lenses for film (and I think now for the 7). It has a bit tighter view than the 35's - and is remarkably sharp - even at f2 as ere. If I had to survive wit one lens, it would be a hard choice between the 35 or the 40 mm focal length.

12512122184_1bd1084b7f_c.jpg

Dug out an Orion 15, 28mm f6.0 and put it one the Sony 7. Tiny little lens, quite sharp, but I think there is a bit of decentering as the left side is a bit "fuzzier" than the right side. I haven't seen that with film - but obviously digital is more sensitive to this stuff. This was at f8.

12512034654_59df129687_c.jpg

Weather was unusually nice today - +10C and sunny. I took that as a reason for using some stranger lenses on the Sony 7. This is with a Canon 25mm f3.5 - kind of defines "vignetting". Good lens otherwise - and the edges can be fixed up in LightRoom - but I kind of like the "edge" burn effect my self.

Back