Voigtlander 25mm f4 Color Skopar M

I have both the ZM and LTM C/V 25. I love the ZM, but take the C/V skiing, mounted on an M4-2, as is the VF. The combo fits so easily in a Mountain Co-op belt pack, along with a Digi-six, that it's scarcely noticeable when I'm skiing - or riding a lift, on which you must remove a backpack. It's also the ideal focal length for the ski shots I take (I don't shoot skier or boarder acrobatics with a super telephoto). Even with 100 ISO film it's easy to get shots at f5.6 or f8 on a ski hill, snow or shine.

The click stop focus renders the non-RF coupling moot on the street or on a ski hill. On the hill, most shots are near infinity anyway, and for urban use I spend a couple of minutes reminding myself of the DOF at the 3 click stops. At f5.6 or f8, it's hard to miss focus.

Great results too; at first I thought I'd made a mistake buying the ZM since I don't test equipment. There is a difference, however, and f2.8 and rangefinder coupling is important in situations other than the above. I don't do street, so the C/V is mostly a ski lens for me.

Hi
I recently purchased a used 25mm skopar f2 for my m6. Shot a roll and quite pleased with it. I am thinking of getting an adapter for my lumix g1 4/3....any experience with this lens on a lumix g1. Thx..also I think I have an older version as mine is a "lens made in Japan" and I have seen a new in box version in a local shop marked cosina on the lens. Does anyone know if there is any difference in the qaulity of glass or build....thx

Cosina licenses the Voigtländer brand name. Same lens.

Some of the Skopars don't image all that well with mFT sensors, only way to know is to try them.

Hi all.
I have this lens on my Nikon S2 and my Nikon S3 and it's terrific, smooth focusing
and the picture quality is fine.

Range

My version of this -- an M -- arrived today. Also I recently broke my 21/4 LTM and have an M version replacement coming. Here's my question: I'll soon be in the market for an M6 -- can anyone tell me what framelines in the M6 (and M4-P as well, I presume, which I might get instead of the M6) are called up by these two lenses? Obviously I'm hoping it's the 28mm, which will suffice for me with the 25mm. I have a 21mm VF. I can interpolate.

I only have the 21mm VF and I think the 28 in that case is preferable. Not a big deal however.

Sorry, I meant the VF/RF window of the .72 body. With the 28 lines showing, the physical frame of the window is *pretty* close to 25. I think it is just as accurate as the external VF which I had, but did not use on that body for that reason.

Thanks guys, you've made my bank account lighter!

Found a 25mm with viewfinder for what I consider a very reasonable price, so my 15mm will have to share its Bessa L home with a new friend, from now on. If the 25mm is half as good as the 15mm, I foresee a few rolls of film passing in front of it in the near future.

:D

I didn't feel like printing and scanned my first images with this lens today.
On M4-2 with cheap Polypan F.

One into the open bright sun.
M4_2_CVCS25F4M_Polypan100_HC100_2015415.JPG

Another with same light on the side.

M4_2_CVCS25F4M_Polypan100_HC100_2015407.JPG

Both at 1/250 f5.6.

It looks promising to me :)

Very nice little lens, and it works pretty well on the Leica M typ240:

at f/4.8
U77I1404628396.SEQ.1.jpg

at f/11
U77I1404628395.SEQ.0.jpg

Perhaps it's just coincidence, or some inherent optical reason, but the various 24 & 25mm lenses in Leica mount(s) all seem to be exceptional performers. A sweet spot in the focal length spectrum!

I love 50mm on my M3 but figured I'll pair it with a 25mm for when I need to go wider.

Just snagged a minty Skopar LTM on ebay at a reasonable price and excited on shooting with another skopar again!

I have the M-mount Color-Skopar 25mm f4. It's sadly discontinued now but certainly not disappointing. A few shots I took a week ago.

DSC08556.JPG

She gave me a look, that "get your camera out of my face" look.
DSC08615.JPG

Wondering outside of the crosswalk. That's what happens in real life.
DSC08616.JPG

A day at the beach:
DSC08580.JPG

DSC08587.JPG

I've been enjoying this lens quite a bit - great for getting up close with people, and extremely compact. An underated lens.

Kodak Gold 200 / Zeiss Ikon

000112350009.jpg

Back