Voigtlander 25mm f4 Color Skopar M

Explain this "click stop focus" to me! I've looked at this lens for a while, it temps me sometimes.

Scale focusing, the three click stops are - 1 meter 1.5 meters and 3 meters. With practice you should be able to estimate distance, select click stop without the need to look at the lens's focusing scale, frame through auxiliary viewfinder and shoot. Wide angle - requires getting very close to subjects.

Explain this "click stop focus" to me! I've looked at this lens for a while, it temps me sometimes.
This is the Snapshot Skopar 25mm f/4 originally supplied with the Bessa L which has no viewfinder or rangefinder. Thread mount, not RF coupled, came with a dedicated accessory viewfinder, and it's a very good performer. I'm not fond of the "Snapshot" name... seems to trivialize a fine little lens.

I'm not fond of the "Snapshot" name... seems to trivialize a fine little lens.

Fine lens indeed - back when it was reasonably new, I remember seeing a photograph of Lee Friedlander at an event where he had one mounted on his camera.
Anyway, I love the name: some of the greatest and most moving photographs are snapshots.

Lovely photos OTL - I find the vignetting on full frame very charming. Here's another shot on a roll of Reala that was probably a bit passed it.

000112380038.jpg

Thanks to Raid and others who mentioned using the Snapshot Skopar 25/4.0 on crop sensor digicams. I just put my copy on my Olympus Pen F digital and took a few snaps. Results looks pretty good! Sharp and w/ good color rendering. Manually focusing on the Pen F digi was easy-peasy. Here are two sample pics… no great shakes as images but good enough to reasure me about taking this tiny lens to Croatia and Slovenia next week to use on the Olympus Pen F as a stand-in for a 50mm equivalent:

At f.4.0, focus was on the stack of books:

IMG_8812.jpeg

At f.11:

IMG_8813.jpeg

Back