W/NW - Classic Cars

This thread contains some really great car photos. I am very fortunate in that I get to work on cars like the ones in this thread on a daily basis. Tom A once told me to use a 35 and crouch down when shooting cars. The second snap is done that way...he was right

Old Chevy pickup.

Chevy Truck by Jeff Carpenter, on Flickr

Monza Corvair

Monza Spyder 35 by Jeff Carpenter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Pay parking lot find​
DSCF0880.jpg

DSCF0884.jpg

DSCF0881.jpg

Fujifilm X-T2, Fujinon XF 33mm f1.4 R LM WR lens
Astia film simulation
Yokohama, Japan - April 2023
Image is lower resolution than original​

This thread contains some really great car photos. I am very fortunate in that I get to work on cars like the ones in this thread on a daily basis. Tom A once told me to use a 35 and crouch down when shooting cars. The second snap is done that way...he was right

Old Chevy pickup.

Chevy Truck by Jeff Carpenter, on Flickr

Monza Corvair

Monza Spyder 35 by Jeff Carpenter, on Flickr
He was correct about crouching down, but I find a 24mm is also good to use as well.

@Yokosuka_Mike - It's hard enough to imagine even just one of those 2000GT's running around in your city, let alone two of them. But unless someone recently purchased the car you captured back in February and then changed out the wheels and plates, this does indeed appear to be different example. (= mind blown)

@Yokosuka_Mike - It's hard enough to imagine even just one of those 2000GT's running around in your city, let alone two of them. But unless someone recently purchased the car you captured back in February and then changed out the wheels and plates, this does indeed appear to be different example. (= mind blown)
Hi Guth!

What blows my mind is that a car valued at about 1 million dollars (per the internet) is just sitting there unattended in a coin parking lot.
While I walked around it taking pictures I fully expected the owner to come running and ask me what the hell I was doing. Nothing of the sort happened. I know that this is Japan and people are very respectful of others' property, but even I, as a long time resident, was quite surprised.

DSCF0888.jpg

Fujifilm X-T2, Fujinon XF 33mm f1.4 lens
ACROS+G film simulation
Yokohama, Japan - April 2023
Image is lower resolution than original​

That's incredible. Especially when you stop to think just how few and far between those cars are today. That $1 million is the average price by the way, with the high-end of the scale hitting more than $2.5 mil.

I was going to comment on that the other day when I saw your picture Mike.
I can't imagine parking a car like that in a cheap parking lot here in So Cal.
It'd be gone in 60 seconds I'm sure.

Back